- Study at TU Bergakademie Freiberg under the Erasmus+ programme
- Contact person
German language intensive course A1.1 from 11 to 29 March 2019
- 3 weeks intensive course German
- 20 training sessions / week (60 total)
- no previous knowledge necessary
- Course fee: 350 EUR
- After successful graduation you may start directly with level A1.2
Please note: This language course can take place with a sufficient number of participants only.
You are a student at one of the Erasmus+ partner universities of TU Bergakademie Freiberg and you want to study in Freiberg/Germany for one or two semesters? – You will be enrolled as a student and you have to apply. These are the application formalities:
To become a student of TU Bergakademie Freiberg under the Erasmus programme you have to apply online. At first, please fill the application form, then follow the steps of the application system.
During the application process you have to upload the following documents:
- The Erasmus Learning Agreement, signed by yourself, the responsible academic at your home university and by the responsible academic of TU Bergakademie Freiberg. The responsible academics of both institutions confirm with their signatures that the study plan can be carried out in this way.
- Official certificate of German and/or English language proficiency, depending on the language of instruction. The language certificate has to be from an university, approved language school or equivalent. The minimum level of language proficiency is B1 which is equivalent to 450 hours of language instruction.
No language certificate is needed if you have no intentions of taking exams during your study in Freiberg (e. g. doing project work in preparation of thesis).
- Immatriculation certificate issued by your home university
- Proof of any university degree you have achieved so far (e. g. Bachelor certificate; normal copy would be sufficient, no official copy required)
- Latest transcript of Records from your home university
- Portrait photo in upright format
- During the application process, the online application system will create an application form. Please print and signed it. It also has to be signed by the responsible person of your home university.
- Also the Erasmus Learning Agreement has to be signed by yourself and by the responsible academic of your home university ("sending institution").
These two original application documents have to be send by mail service to this address:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
A) If you don't need a visa to travel to and study in Germany or if you won't take a German language course in March or September (spring/autumn course), the following application deadlines apply:
- To apply for winter semester: 31 May
- To apply for summer semester: 30 November
If you need a visa to travel and study in Germany or or if you are planning to take a German language course in March or September (spring/autumn course) the following application deadlines apply:
- To apply for winter semester: 30 April
- To apply for summer semester: 31 October
The teaching units of a degree course of study at TU Bergakademie Freiberg are called modules. In the module handbook ("Modulhandbuch") you can find detailed information to each module, such as: the description of the content of each module, the number of credit points, the lecturer's name, the semester in which a module takes place, the components of the module (eg lecture, seminar, exercise, excursion ...) and the recommended accompanying literature.
Recommended steps to make a study plan: First choose from the available Bachelor or Master degree courses of study, second look for suitable modules that are available in the specific semester you are planning to study in Freiberg (summer or winter semester) in it's module handbook.
You can use these information sources:
- Overview: Degree courses of study at TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- Overview of degree programmes at TU Bergakademie Freiberg German/English) (PDF document, file size: 369 KB, 3 pages)
- Information about the Master programmes at TU Bergakademie Freiberg taught in English language (web page contains short descriptions and links to the Master programmes web page)
- Overview of modules (lectures) in English language (PDF document, file size: 1,5 MB; 311 pages; last update: 1 November 2018)
Please note: Each module description has a module code in the first line (e. g. MetMat. MA. Nr. 3213). The module code contains the letters "BA" or "MA" which indicates whether it is a Bachelor or Master module.
- Online Course Catalogue of TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Please note: The upcoming course catalogue will be published shortly before the start of each semester. But you can use the (representative) course catalogues of former summer and winter semesters. (You can choose the current semester in the Online Course Catalogue by using the drop down menu at the homepage.)
- Official module handbooks and study regulations
Please note: Choose the latest version of a document.
- It is necessary for all application documents to be either in German or English language. Required documents in other languages need to be officially translated into German or English as well (please provide both documents: Source and translation).
- Mixing Bachelor- und Master-Modules often leads to overlappings in the timetable. Please avoid it by choosing appropriate modules (either from Bachelor or Master degree courses).
- The amount of modules from other fields of study than you own must not exceed 10 ECTS credit points.
For further questions please ask your contact at the International Centre:
Services for exchange students from abroad (Erasmus, Double Degree, from partner universities)
New:Akademiestraße 6, room EG.21 (ground floor)
Phone +49 3731 39 3191
Fax +49 3731 39 3659
Torsten [dot] Mayeriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Office hours
- Tue: 10 AM - 12 noon and 2 PM to 4 PM
- Thu: 2 PM - 4 PM
- and by appointment
- International students
- Going abroad
- International Cooperations
- International Centre