Research at the faculty
Chemistry (incl. life sciences) at TU Bergakademie Freiberg has established a unique position among German universities in the fields of materials chemistry and resource chemistry in recent years. Physics complements this focus with research on material physics issues. Our faculty thus focuses its research on materials and their properties.
Current projects are:
- the synthesis of hard materials under high pressure,
- the selective separations of valuable materials (phosphate, lithium or other metals),
- the microbial leaching of metals,
- the determination of thermodynamic properties of battery materials or
- the structural, optical and electronic characterization of oxide and semiconductor materials.