Research at the faculty
Chemistry (including biosciences) at TU Bergakademie Freiberg has established a unique position among German universities in the fields of materials chemistry and resource chemistry in recent years. Physics complements this specialization with research into materials physics issues. Our faculty therefore focuses its research on materials and their properties.
Current projects include:
- the synthesis of hard materials under high pressure,
- the selective separation of valuable materials (phosphate, lithium, or other metals),
- the microbial leaching of metals,
- the determination of thermodynamic properties of battery materials or
- the structural, optical, and electronic characterization of oxide and semiconductor materials.