On this page, you can find all the information you need about going abroad, exchange and scholarship opportunities and much more.
Going Abroad during your Studies
We offer our students the opportunity to broaden their horizons, discover new cultures and gain valuable international experience. We are here to help and advise you. We look forward to accompanying you on your journey abroad and helping you create unforgettable memories. The International Office of TUBAF is your reliable partner on the way to new horizons - start your journey from Freiberg to abroad now!
Do you need further assistance?
Do not hesitate to contact us! You will find our contact details at the bottom of the page.
Exchange Possibilties and Partner Institutions
Summer and Winter Schools
- Study in Australia, New Zealand, or Canada: Institut Ranke-Heinemann
- Study in Australia or New Zealand: GOstralia!
- Study at selected foreign universities (information and application service): IEC Online
- Study at selected foreign universities (information and application service): College Contact
- Study at selected foreign universities (information and application service): magoo International
- Semester abroad in Asia: Asiaexchange
- Study and live in France
... including information on the higher education system and tuition fees, available through the DAAD country information.
... Education system and country-specific details, as well as visa regulations, can be obtained, for example, through the study guides provided by the DAAD (available at the IUZ or www.daad.de). You will likely extensively use the internet as a source for all necessary information and potentially even for the application process at foreign universities.
Additionally, seek information from consulates and cultural representatives.
Your contact at the foreign universities is the respective International Office.
The Center for European Consumer Protection has published the brochure "Studying and Living in France"
The brochure "Moving to an EU Country: Cancelling or Retaining Contracts?" is also relevant for students planning an extended stay abroad.
- Justlanded.com: Everything about living abroad; comprehensive country guides for numerous countries with information on visas & paperwork, jobs, accommodation, healthcare, finances, language, travel & leisure; the main target audience is expats.
- Internships, Work and Travel, etc. in the USA and J1 visa: InterExchange Career Training USA Working in Canada: German-Canadian Society (DKG)
- Take the leap abroad - Information from the Employment Agency about volunteer services, internships abroad, and other opportunities to spend time abroad.
- Volunteer Work Guide - Portal for working as a volunteer abroad.
In addition to Auslands-Bafög (financial student aid abroad), there may be the possibility to apply for a scholarship from an international organization. This often requires long-term planning! Typically, the organization offering these scholarships is the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service). The DAAD provides annual scholarships for students, graduates, and doctoral candidates from all fields, as well as scholarships for conducting thesis research abroad or summer language course scholarships. More detailed descriptions is available on the website of the DAAD.
The IUZ (International University Center) also offers the DAAD brochure "Funding Opportunities for Germans." To be eligible for a scholarship, students must be at least in their 3rd semester. The International Education Centre (IEC Online) also awards scholarships.
For studying specifically in the USA, the German-American Fulbright Commission awards scholarships.
Partial scholarships are awarded to high-achieving and dedicated students through the PROMOS scholarship program.
If you have further questions whatsoever, feel free to reach out!