You have German citizenship and would like to study at TUBAF and do not have an Abitur (higher education qualification)? Even without it you can study at our university after passing an entrance examination.
Regulations for admission without an Abitur (university entrance qualification)
Saxon Higher Education Freedom Act (SächsHSFG) § 17 section 5 and Regulations for the entrance examination (Amtl. Bekanntmachung der TU Bergakademie, No. 3 of July 11, 2013).
Conditions for Admission
You are eligible for admission to the entrance examination if you belong to one of these groups:
- You have completed at least two years of state-regulated vocational training,
- You can produce evidence of three years of professional activity in your profession and you have attended a counseling session at the faculty of the desired study program.
The application must be submitted by July 15 of the year.
You have to submit the following documents:
- Indication of the subject you want to study at TU BAF.
- Certified document of completed vocational training
- Proof of 3 years of work experience in an occupational field in which you have completed the training.
Please send your application in written form to:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Student Office, Ms. Uchlier, Akademiestraße 6, 09599 Freiberg, Germany.
The entrance examination is divided in five partial examinations, which must be taken within 5 weeks:
- Partial examination of general knowledge related to the course of study - examination interview lasting 30 to 45 minutes, questioning the reasons for the choice of the course of study, ideas and expectations of the course of study and professional application.
- Partial examination German language - written work (essay) with a duration of four hours on a topic to be chosen by the candidate from a list of given topics. Orientation guide for the preparation of the German exam
- Partial examination foreign language "English" - written work with a duration of four hours Orientation guide for the preparation of the English exam Mathematics subtest - written paper lasting four hours Orientation guide for the preparation of the exam in mathematics
- Partial examination written work in physics or chemistry or social studies / legal education / economics depending on the chosen course of study.
The applicant receives a certificate for passing the exam. The certificate is proof of admission to a course of study at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
If the entrance examination is not passed, it can be repeated once.
|15th July||Deadline for|
|July/August||Admission to the entrance examination and invitation by the student office|
|September||written and oral examinations|
|at the End of September||Dispatch of the examination notices|
|afterthen||independent enrollment at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg by the examinee|
|at the End of September/Beginning of October||Start of intensive course in mathematics for first-year students|
|First week of October||Orientation week for the start of studies with preparatory course in chemistry|
|middle of October||start of lectures|