Master Metallic Materials Technology
|Faculty||Fakultät 5 - Werkstoffwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnologie|
|Degree||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Standard period of study||3 Semester|
|Start of studies||Winter and summer semester (usually summer semester)|
Bachelor degree (at least 7 semesters) or an equivalent degree in the field of Material Science and or Materials Technology
English language proficiency (TOEFL 87 internet based test, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent language certificate)
|Application deadline||If visa required : 15 May for the following winter semester/15 November for the following summer semester Without visa process: 15 August for the following winter semester/15 February for the following summer semester|
Manufacturing of metallic components is one of the most important fields of any national economy. Starting with the production of materials followed by processing and metal forming it is one of the most innovative technologies. Engineers in metal production, metal forming and foundry technology contribute in this technological development.
Based on the Bachelor's course of studies steel production, metal forming and foundry technology is continued to a deeper knowledge in this master course. Furthermore practical skills are related to economics knowledge.
Graduates of the Master programme can work in the following areas: Iron- and steelmaking industry, foundry industry, metal forming industry, engineering industry, refractory industry, metal processing industry, process development, technical sales and distribution as well as in research institutions.
How to apply
- Bachelor degree (at least 7 semesters) or an equivalent degree in the field of Material Science and or Materials Technology
- English language proficiency (TOEFL 87 internet based test, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent language certificate) – this does not apply to applicants whose national language is English
- Application for Admission for Foreign Applicants I Additional information to the application form
- Certified copy of higher education certificate (e.g. Bachelor certificate), if necessary along with an officially attested translations into German or English
- Proof of English language proficiency (see Entry requirements)
- Up-to-date passport photo
- If visa required : 15 May for the following winter semester/15 November for the following summer semester
- Without visa process: 15 August for the following winter semester/15 February for the following summer semester
The application documents have to be send by post to the Admission Office. The address is:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg