The Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg is the oldest mining science university in the world. Founded in 1765, the Bergakademie has its origins in mining and metallurgy. On the occasion of the 300th anniversary of the founding of the scholarship fund to support destitute students, the "Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg" foundation was established on 15 November 2002.
The "Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg" foundation was created to enable the university - independently of public budgets - to take new, future-oriented initiatives and realise ideas. In particular, the foundation is intended to provide support in personally securing teaching and research as well as the necessary spatial and material equipment. This also includes expanding and further developing the range of courses and further education, intensifying knowledge and technology transfer and increasing the internationalisation of the university.
Contact person for foundation matters
Akademiestraße 6, Room 1.14
Marianna [dot] Klescinska [at] zuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de (Marianna[dot]Klescinska[at]zuv[dot]tu-freiberg[dot]de)
+49 3731 39-3316
Recipient: Stiftung TU Bergakademie Freiberg
IBAN: DE08 8705 2000 3115 0229 39
Credit institution: Sparkasse Mittelsachsen
Tax number: 220/142/09917
Executive Board and Founders' Council
Executive Board of the Foundation
Chairman of the Founders' Council
- Mr Hans-Joachim Polk, Member of the Executive Board of VNG for Infrastructure and Technology
Rectorate of TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- Mr Prof. Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht, Rector
- Mr Prof Tobias Fieback, Vice-Rector for Research, International Affairs and Transfer
- Mr Prof Andreas Horsch, Vice-Rector for Sustainability and Communication
- Mrs Prof Swanhild Bernstein, Vice-Rector for Infrastructure and Technology
- . Swanhild Bernstein, Vice-Rector for Education
- Mr Jens Then, Chancellor
Representative elected by the University Senate
- Mr Ulrich Groß, Director of the Institute of Thermal Engineering and Thermodynamics a. D.
Chairman of the Executive Board
- Rector of the University, Prof Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht.
Responsibility of the Executive Board
The Executive Board decides on the use of the foundation's income. The Executive Board is quorate if more than half of its members, including the Chairman, participate in the decision-making process. Resolutions are passed by a simple majority. In the event of a tie, the Chairman has the casting vote. Resolutions concerning a change to the purpose of the foundation or the dissolution of the foundation can only be passed at meetings. Amendments to the Articles of Association require the approval of the Founders' Council.
Founders who provide the Foundation with a donation of at least EUR 25,000.00 (natural persons) or at least EUR 100,000.00 (legal entities) form the Founders' Council in person or through a person nominated by them. For natural persons, membership of the Founders' Council is non-transferable and cannot be inherited. The members of the Founders' Council elect a chairperson from among their number for a term of three years, who is also a member of the Foundation's Executive Board.
Members of the Founders' Council of the "Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg" Foundation:
- the Verbundnetz Gas AG, Leipzig, represented by Mr Hans-Joachim Polk, Member of the Executive Board of VNG for Infrastructure and Technology (Chairman of the Board of Founders)
- the ROMONTA GmbH, Amsdorf, represented by Dr Gottfried-Christoph Wild. Gottfried-Christoph Wild, former Managing Director
- the Städtische Wohnungsgesellschaft Freiberg/Sa. Aktiengesellschaft, represented by Mr Tom-Hendrik Runge, Member of the Management Board
- the E.ON Ruhrgas AG, Essen, represented by Dr Achim Middelschulte, former member of the Executive Board
- the Nickelhütte Aue GmbH, represented by Mr Henry Sobieraj, Managing Director
- of "Hermann-Spamer Stiftungsfonds", represented by Mrs Karla Kellner, Pforzheim
- the Georgsmarienhütte Holding GmbH, Hamburg, represented by Mr Frank Koch, Member of the Management Board
- SolarWorld, Freiberg, represented by Prof. Peter Woditsch, Spokesman of the Management Board
- . Peter Woditsch, CEO of Sunicon AG
- the Foundation Fund "Ursula and Prof. Dr Wolf-Dieter Schneider", represented by Mrs Ursula and Prof. Dr Wolf-Dieter Schneider. Dr Wolf-Dieter Schneider
- the FME - Stiftungsfonds, represented by Dr Frank-Michael Engel
- the Christian Grosse-Stiftungsfonds für die Forschung, represented by Mr Alfred Christian Grosse
- the Christa und Dr.-Ing. Peter Letz Stiftungsfonds für das Gießereiwesen represented by Dr.-Ing. Peter Letz
- Mr Hans-Peter Gerhardt
Tasks of the Founders' Council
The task of the Founders' Council is to support the Board of Directors in carrying out the Foundation's tasks, in particular to establish and maintain contact with other potential sponsors. Furthermore, the Founders' Council is involved in the decision on the application to become a foundation with legal capacity in the case of resolutions changing the purpose of the foundation. The Founders' Council meets at least once a year.