Today, economics is inconceivable without mathematics. The complex structures and processes in globally interconnected economies and financial markets increasingly require mathematical models. It is not surprising that recently several Nobel Prizes have been awarded to economists who have excelled in mathematically oriented research.
In the Bachelor's degree program in Business Mathematics, you will acquire fundamental mathematical knowledge, skills, and abilities that are particularly relevant for business and economic applications. Graduates of Business Mathematics are capable of solving complex economic problems using mathematical methods, leveraging the full potential of modern computer technology.
Please note that the language of the program is German. At TUBAF we also offer Master's degree programs taught in English.
Students research, for example, models of logistics, game theory, or stochastic problems.
Students learn to handle, for example, economic problems using the help of mathematics.
Students create computer programs to solve business mathematical problems.
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (Faculty 1)
Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.)
- Standard period of study
- Part-time possible
- Start of studies
Winter semesterSummer semester
- Admission requirement
Abitur (German secondary school leaving certificate) or a subject-specific higher education entrance qualification, or a recognized equivalent access authorization
- Course language
Graduates of the Bachelor's program in Business Mathematics are capable of solving complex economic problems using mathematical methods, leveraging the full potential of modern computer technology. Some of the diverse tasks include:
- Optimization of operational processes
- Inventory management
- Location planning
- Reduction of resource consumption
- Traffic flow control
- Assessment of opportunities and risks in insurance and financial planning
Key areas of employment include:
- Insurance industry (statistics, development of new products)
- Banking and credit industry (risk management, investment banking, corporate and private clients)
- Financial and personnel services (business research and planning, software development, client consulting)
- Software development (database analysis, development of custom software, electronic business, qualified organizational consulting)
- Controlling, logistics, and marketing
Industries and companies with a significant demand for professionals in this field are banks, insurance companies, financial service providers, consulting firms and especially software companies.