The Master's program in Business Mathematics is aimed at providing in-depth scientific, theoretical, and practical training in this field. The focus is on educating leaders for research and development.
In the Master's program, Business Mathematics is expanded to the current research level. The latest research findings are discussed in the courses, and students work on current issues, for example, in their Master's thesis. The main areas of focus in the Master's program are the deepening of mathematical foundations, specialization in business economics, and individual engagement with business-related issues. The Master's program in Business Mathematics provides a solid foundation for further academic qualifications, such as pursuing a doctoral degree.
Please note that the language of instruction is German. At TUBAF we also offer Master's degree programs taught in English.
Students research models of logistics, game theory, and stochastic problems.
Students investigate economic problems using mathematics.
Students create computer programs to solve economic mathematical problems.
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (Faculty 1)
Master of Science (M. Sc.)
- Standard period of study
- Part-time possible
- Start of studies
Winter semesterSummer semester
- Admission requirement
Bachelor's Degress in Business Mathematics or an equivalent program
- Course language
For graduates of the Master's program in Business Mathematics, the same fields of work are generally open as for graduates of the Bachelor's program. However, jobs after completing a Master's degree can be more research-oriented. Therefore, employment in universities or research institutions is also possible.
Graduates of Business Mathematics programs are capable of solving complex economic problems using mathematical methods and leveraging modern computer technology. The diverse tasks include:
- Optimization of business processes, inventory management, location planning, reduction of resource consumption, and traffic flow management.
- Estimation of opportunities and risks in the insurance industry and financial planning.
Important areas of employment for business mathematicians include:
- Insurance industry (statistics, development of new products).
- Banking and credit sector (risk management, investment banking, corporate and private clients).
- Financial and personnel services (business research and planning, software development, client consultation).
- Software development (database analysis, development of customized software, electronic business, qualified organizational consulting).
- Controlling, logistics, and marketing sectors.
Industries and companies with significant demand for skilled professionals are banks, insurance companies, financial service providers, management consultants and especially software companies.