Information for your return / arrival at TU Bergakademie Freiberg
According to the regulations of the Federal Ministry of Health and the Free State of Saxony, the following regulations apply to persons who have stayed abroad in a country that is currently designated as a risk area for at least 14 days before entering Germany:
Further information for international students and doctoral students about studies in winter semester 2020/2021
- For first-year students: Please fill out the registration form of the International Office at least 3 weeks before your arrival in Freiberg.
For all others: At least 5 days before your intended arrival, inform the International Office by e-mail to internationaltu-freiberg [dot] de and your contact person in the student residence if you will be staying in the student residence. Let us know your name, your country of origin, your course of study at the TU BAF and the date of arrival in Freiberg.
- Please undergo a corona test not longer than 48 h before you leave for Germany, at an airport test centre in Germany after arrival or at a medical doctor immediately after your arrival in Freiberg. (Recommendation: At Frankfurt airport the 6-hour corona test costs 59 € plus 9 € for the issuing of an official, internationally valid attestation of the test result. further information)
- Please go to your accommodation immediately after arrival. There you will probably have to stay in quarantine for at least 14 days.
- Report your arrival by e-mail to the public health department (Gesundheitsamt): reiserueckkehrerlandkreis-mittelsachsen [dot] de and include to the information your name, date of birth, country where you have resided 14 days before departure to Germany, date of entry, address in Freiberg and information on how to reach you by e-mail and telephone
- If available, please send the negative corona test result to the public health department (Gesundheitsamt). There it will be decided whether the quarantine can be waived or can be finished earlier.
At this website you can find information regarding...
- Application formalities for international students
- Programmes for students of TU BAF wishing to go abroad
- First steps and formalities for international students after the arrival in Freiberg
- Language courses and supportive language programmes
- International cooperations
- Contact the International Centre, events, downloadable forms and templates
You live abroad and have the intention to study at TU Freiberg? You are already in Freiberg and want to have more information? more
Information about exchange programmes, internships, funding opportunities, reviews and useful links (available in German language only) more
You are interested in German courses or other languages while studying in Freiberg? more
The information in this section are currently available in German language only more
The international cooperations of TU Bergakademie Freiberg in many countries more
Contact, events and a download section for forms and templates more