1. University buildings are closed
As a measure against the spread of the new coronavirus(CoViD-19), the buildings of TU Bergakademie Freiberg will remain closed from 17 March 2020. further information
Documents and papers in hard copy can be dropped into the mailbox outside the university main building on Akademiestraße 6 (located next to the courtyard door).
2. Online teaching as standard and non-accreditation
In the summer semester 2020 contactless teaching formats are the standard for teaching at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg. Students have the option of not having the summer semester 2020 recognised. For this purpose, an application must be submitted to the Student Office. The Student Office will grant non-accreditation for the current semester if achievements are not fully completed. Students will receive a notice of non-recognition in order to be able to prove this and the reasons for nonrecognition to third parties. Full information: Section "Non-accreditation of the summer semester 2020"
Students have to register for written examinations (attendance exams) of the summer semester 2020 from 8 to 25 June 2020. The examination period is the end of the summer semester from 3 August – 4 September 2020.
All repetition periods are interrupted for one semester and do not continue. All current repetition periods are automatically extended by the current semester. There are no deadline notices for the current semester.
Students who take part in the postponed exams of the 2019/20 winter semester and fail them can register for the relevant exams in the summer semester at short notice (even after the exam registration period). further information: Rector’s order and current Rector information related to the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) pandemic (Status 12 June 2020)
4. Acceptance of examination resultsStudents can decide for themselves whether or not to accept individual examination results for the respective semester. The acceptance does not require a separate declaration. In the event that an examination result is rejected, students declare this to the Students Office by the beginning of the examination registration period of the following semester. In the event of a rejection, the examination can be taken again in the same examination attempt, whereby the later assessment counts. It is also possible to accept or reject examination results for examinations that have to be taken due to repetition deadlines in SS 2020. In case of a refusal, the repetition period is extended until WS 2020/21.
This regulation is only valid for those degree programmes whose examination board has accepted the amendment statutes. Full information: Section "Acceptance of examination results"
5. For our new admitted students
Due to the continuing corona situation, enrollment/matriculation in the summer semester is unfortunately not possible.
We currently assume that you will be able to enroll regularly from the winter semester 2020/21 until October 12, 2020.
6. Studies in winter semester 2020/21
Although no one can currently predict how the situation with Covid-19 will develop, we hope, that the winter semester will take place regularly from October 1. Possibly it will be a mix of classroom and online courses. As soon as we know more about this, we will inform you here.
7. Further information
At this website you can find information regarding...
- Application formalities for international students
- Programmes for students of TU BAF wishing to go abroad
- First steps and formalities for international students after the arrival in Freiberg
- Language courses and supportive language programmes
- International cooperations
- Contact the International Centre, events, downloadable forms and templates
You live abroad and have the intention to study at TU Freiberg? You are already in Freiberg and want to have more information? more
Information about exchange programmes, internships, funding opportunities, reviews and useful links (available in German language only) more
You are interested in German courses or other languages while studying in Freiberg? more
The information in this section are currently available in German language only more
The international cooperations of TU Bergakademie Freiberg in many countries more
Contact, events and a download section for forms and templates more