Master Groundwater Management
|Fakultät||Fakultät 3 - Geowissenschaften, Geotechnik und Bergbau|
|Abschluss||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Studienbeginn||Winter- und Sommersemester (i.d.R. aber zum Wintersemester)|
Bachelorabschluss in Geowissenschaften oder gleichwertiger Abschluss
|Bewerbungsfrist||15. April (mit Visum) / 15. Juli (ohne Visumsantrag)|
The international Master programme Groundwater Management combines knowledge of hydrosphere, water chemistry, modeling, groundwater protection, and groundwater rehabilitation with management techniques and business administration skills. Candidates will obtain in-depth knowledge on groundwater protection, groundwater management, and clean-up approaches for contaminated aquifers. At the same time, participants will be taught in related environment law and general management of geo-resources.
Students will be enabled to work on hydrogeological, hydrological and geochemical questions in both science and applications. All aspects of groundwater including geothermal use will be taught and applied. Work with data bases and geo information systems is obligatory in order to learn about the administration of geo-scientific data in space and time and about regional planning.
Participants will be enabled and motivated to build up their knowledge by themselves and within teams. They will learn about water chemistry (field and laboratory methods, numerical modeling of flow, transport and chemical reactions in aquatic systems, and how to examine and develop methods for groundwater protection.The promotion and improvement of communication, personality and leadership skills will play an important role. Students will also be capable of solving economic and legal questions along with questions related to the weighing of interests in resource conflicts and resource evaluation with modern methods.
- Application for Admission for Foreign Applicants (application form and additional information)
- Certified copies of education certificates
- Officially attested translations of the above into German or English, if necessary
- Motivation letter
- Up-to-date passport photo
- Proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL (78/79 points internet based test, 213 points computer based test, 550 points paper based test), IELTS (result at least 6.0) or an equivalent language certificate. This does not apply for applicants whose national language is English or whose last educational achievement has been attained in English language.
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Zentrale Universitätsverwaltung, Zulassungsbüro
The programme schedule is available in the Examination and Study Regulations (in German "Prüfungs- und Studienordnung"; see below). Descriptions of the modules are available in the module manual (Modulhandbuch; see below).