Master Groundwater Management
|Fakulät||Fakultät 3 - Geowissenschaften, Geotechnik und Bergbau|
|Abschluss||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
bachelors degree or equivalent in geosciences
interview with candidates
|Bewerbungsfrist||continuous enrolment, but 30th June for students in need of a visa|
- Admission requirements
- Program schedule and content of clusters of modules
- Application documents
- Application adress
Please note: The masters programme regularly starts in winter term. Applicants who need a visa, please apply until the 30th June. Applicants who do not need a visa, please apply until 15th July.
The master program is only offered in English language
The international Master program Groundwater Management combines knowledge of hydrosphere, water chemistry, modeling, groundwater protection, and groundwater rehabilitation with management techniques and business administration skills. Candidates will obtain in-depth knowledge on groundwater protection, groundwater management, and clean-up approaches for contaminated aquifers. At the same time, participants will be taught in related environment law and general management of geo-resources.
Students will be enabled to work on hydrogeological, hydrological and geochemical questions in both science and applications. All aspects of groundwater including geothermal use will be taught and applied. Work with data bases and geo information systems is obligatory in order to learn about the administration of geo-scientific data in space and time and about regional planning.
Participants will be enabled and motivated to build up their knowledge by themselves and within teams. They will learn about water chemistry (field and laboratory methods, numerical modeling of flow, transport and chemical reactions in aquatic systems, and how to examine and develop methods for groundwater protection.The promotion and improvement of communication, personality and leadership skills will play an important role. Students will also be capable of solving economic and legal questions along with questions related to the weighing of interests in resource conflicts and resource evaluation with modern methods.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in geosciences
- Interview with candidates
- Language: English
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Degree: Master of Science
- Start: winter semester
- Tuition fee: none
- Application deadline: continuous enrolment, but 30th June for students in who need of a visa
The program schedule is available in the examination and study regulations and the content of the module in the module manual and lectures of the Groundwater Management program (Both documents are mainly written in English language). You find these documents in the right column of this website.
- Application for Admission for Foreign Applicants (application form and additional information)
- Certified copies of education certificates
- Officially attested translations of the above into German or English
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Up-to-date passport photo
- Proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL score of 550 (213 computer based,78/79 internet-based) or IELTS score of 6.0, or equivalent English
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Dezernat Studium und Forschung
Zulassungsbüro, EG. 12