6th European Conference on Scientific Diving 2020
The 6th European Conference on Scientific Diving (ECSD) 2020 will be held in Freiberg, Germany from 22 to 25 April 2020. The conference will be organized and conducted by the Scientific Diving Center of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
The European Conference on Scientific Diving (ECSD) provides a major international forum to present scientific results achieved by means of scientific diving as a research tool.
Every year, the ECSD attracts the European leaders in the field of scientific diving, but also provides a platform to encourage significant participation from students and early stage researchers.
The ECSD in its current form was initiated in 2015 by the Marine Board European Scientific Diving Panel (ESDP). Their aim was to combine the “International Symposium on Occupational Scientific Diving (ISOSD)” and the international workshop “Research in Shallow Marine Water Systems” into one general annual meeting.
The first ECSD took place in Stuttgart, Germany, in 2015. The following conferences were hosted in Kristineberg, Sweden (2016), Funchal, Madeira/Portugal (2017), Orkney, Scotland/UK (2018), and Sopot, Poland (2019), respectively.
The inaugural International Symposium on Occupational Scientific Diving (ISOSD) took place in Bremerhaven, Germany, in 2007. The second and third symposia were held in Helsinki, Finnland (2009), and Lecce, Italy (2011), respectively.
The International “Workshop Research in Shallow Marine and Fresh Water Systems” initially took place in Freiberg, Germany, in 2009. The second workshop followed in Milazzo, Italy, in 2010, and the third edition happened in Bremen, Germany, in 2013.
The aforementioned former gatherings aimed at facilitating technical and scientific discussions amongst international scientific divers. Thereby, the focus was on methodology and equipment used for scientific diving investigations.
European Conference on Scientific Diving (ECSD)
- 2019: Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Sopot, Poland, 24 - 27 April
- 2018: Heriot Watt University, Stromness Town Hall, Orkney, Scotland, 09 - 12 April
- 2017: Clube Naval do Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, 22 - 23 March
- 2016: Lovén Centre, Kristineberg, Sweden, 09 - 11 May
- 2015: University of Stuttgart, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomolecular Systems, Stuttgart, Germany, 02 - 03 March
International Symposium on Occupational Scientific Diving (ISOSD)
- 2011: 3rd ISOSD of the Marine Board European Scientific Diving Panel (ESDP), Porto Cesareo, Lecce, Italy, 09 - 12 November
- 2009: 2nd ISOSD of the Marine Board European Scientific Diving Panel (ESDP), University of Helsinki, Tvärminne Zoological Station, Helsinki, Finland, 06 - 08 October
- 2007: 1st ISOSD of the German Commission for Scientific Diving (Kommission Forschungstauchen Deutschland / KFT), Alfred-Wegener-Institute for Polar and Marine Sciences, Bremerhaven, Germany, 15 - 16 October
International Workshop “Research in Shallow Marine Water Systems”
- 2013: University of Bremen, Scientific Working Group Geochemistry and Hydrogeology, Bremen, Germany, 14 - 15 February
- 2010: Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV), Milazzo, Italy, 03 - 10 October
- 2009: TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Institute for Geology, Freiberg, Germany, 14 - 16 May
Information about the Scientific Advisory Board will soon be announced.
SDC beim Freiberger Alumni Netzwerk (FAN)
Bitte registrieren Sie sich nach dem Anklicken des obigen FAN-Logos und wählen Sie im Anschluss an die Anmeldung die Gruppe „wissenschaftliches Tauchen“ aus.