The Promovierendenrat (ProRat, PhD council) of TU Bergakademie Freiberg was founded to represent the interests of all PhD candidates of this university. In this function, it complements the Studentenrat and the Personalrat, while the focus is on the concerns of the PhD candidates. The ProRat is not an official university commitee, but is elected within a plenary meeting of doctoral candidates every two years.
On one hand, the ProRat is a point of contact for every PhD candidate who would like to discuss individual questions or wishes support in case of problems. On the other hand, it has a representative purpose and is thus involved in the political landscape of the university. Our members represent the particular interests of PhD candidates in various boards and councils (see Current Members). The ProRat is furthermore integrated in a network of PhD councils and other associations representing academic mid-level staff.
What we are doing
- Support networking between PhD candidates in Freiberg (e.g. Freiberger Promovierendenkonferenz, EISTalk series)
- Networking with PhD student representatives of other universities in Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Thüringen (VMPV, LAMS)
- Representation of PhD candidates in rectorate commissions (currently Gleichstellung, Internationalisierung, Forschung, Graduiertenförderung, Bildung), as well as participation in senate and faculty councils
- Statements to higher education policies (e.g. amendments to Sächsisches Hochschulfreiheitsgesetz, Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz)
- Support and advise PhD candidates with individual questions or problems
Don't hesistate to infoprorat [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de (contact us) if you have any questions or ideas.
We are cooperating with