Admission and Application
The Computational Materials Science Master Program is open to students who want to build bridges between Fundamental Science and Engineering Science. The CMS program is designed to attract students from different fields of science and engineering to emulate an interdisciplinary environment, and enable team works between scientists and engineers.
Minimum Conditions of Admission
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other comparable studies
- TOEFL with as least 79 points (internet based), 213 (computer-based) or 550 (paper based) or IELTS with at least 6.0 for each band
Admission in the master program will be made by the selection committee based on the documents provided by the applicants.
TOEFL with as least 79 points (internet based), 213 (computer-based) or 550 (paper based) or IELTS with at least 6.0 for each band
For consideration, the candidates must provide the following documents:
- Filled Application Form
- Copy of Academic Degree(s) Translated into English and Certified
- Copy of Transcript Translated into English and Certified
- Proof of English Language Skills (TOEFL or IELTS), as well Certified
- Letter of Interest for Joining the International Master Program
- self-addressed envelope
Information to be included in the letter of interest
- What expectations do you have concerning studies in Germany?
- How did you hear from TU Bergakademie Freiberg and CMS (internet, DAAD, exhibition,...) ?
- Why did you choose TU Bergakademie Freiberg?
- Why do you want attend the master in computational materials science? Please refer to your school grades in relevant subjects and/or to your study experience in your home country so far.
- How attending CMS will help you for your professional project?
The CMS program is open to students from all over the world that fulfill the Minimum Conditions of Admission.
To receive full consideration, the Application Package must be returned by post before:
- April 15th for Non-EU citizens
- August 15th For EU citizens
If required, the selection committee has the right to contact the candidates for a phone or "skype" interview in the week following the application deadline.
In case of admission, we will use the self-addressed envelope to mail you both the admission letter and the BBZ document required to initiate the visa application. Therefore, make sure the name and the address written on the envelope contain all the information to be delivered. According to the German post, it should contain the following information:
Miss/Mr First Name Last Name
Street, House Number
Additional information (Room or apartment number or anything else if needed for delivery)
City-Code, Name of City
COUNTRY (in capital letter and in English language)
Only the country name has to be in English. All the other information can be written in your mother tongue if you think it will facilitate delivery.
The students admitted in the CMS program must confirm their desire to attend the program within the time period stipulated in their letter of admission.