The Mine Water Research Center forms a platform for various projects dealing with mine water.
- OILL Optimizing In-Lake Liming (Duration: 01.01.2010 - 31.12.2011)
- Lithium Project in Potosí/Uyuni (Bolivia): Lithium recovery from brines of Salar de Uyuni (Start: September 2009)
- "Integrated Water Management in Gold Mining Regions, South Africa"
Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN) - Seventh Framework Programm of the European Comission
DFG Research Unit "Uranium in aquatic systems"
3EPP (Production of Phosphate Fertilizer - Environment, Economics, Energy)
DFG Graduiertenkolleg "Mining and Water"
Structured Doctoral Programme "Mine Water"
- DAAD Summer School 2011: "Mine Water: sampling, chemical analytics, sensors, treatment, modeling"
- BMBF Joint Research Project CDEAL - "Carbon dioxide elimination by using acid mine lakes and calcium oxide suspensions"
- COSAGS (Reduzierung von CO2-Emissionen und die Behandlung von sauren Grubenwässern in Sachsen)
- European Project ERMITE - "Environmental Regulation of Mine Waters in the European Union"
- European Project PIRAMID Passive In-situ Remediation of Acidic Mine / Industrial Drainage