You can find all the information you need in our comprehensive Summer School brochure.
The participants of the summer course will live in comfortable, fully furnished single or double bedrooms. High speed internet connection is available in all rooms. Washing and drying facilities are available for free. During excursions, the participants will stay in student hotels.
Meals are not provided except for breakfast at weekend trips
Where to eat in Freiberg
- the Student Canteen (“Neue Mensa”) from Monday to Friday - an average meal costs approx. 2,00 Euro.
- food and beverages can be bought at the various supermarkets and shops in Freiberg (e.g. Kaufland: Mon-Sat 7:00 - 22:00)
- Freiberg Restaurants and pubs
- there are cooking facilities offered at your accommodation
Participants are required to have adequate health insurance coverage in Germany. Emergency evacuation and repatriation insurance should be included. It is recommended to take care of health insurance coverage before leaving for Germany. If participants do not already have health insurance we will assist you at the International Office of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg. We also recommend having adequate insurance that covers claims against third parties (German: Haftpflichtversicherung).
Internet access on campus, at your accommodation and at the library will be provided.
Library and Computer Pools
Participants have full access to the university library and are provided with course packages containing all relevant literature and assignments.
Library Opening Hours:
|Monday - Friday||07:00 - 24:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:00 - 18:00|
Participants will also have access to all university computer labs, some of which are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These services are free of charge.
To get around Freiberg
Everything is in walking distance....but the most common of transport is the bike. Participants are offered to rent one while in Freiberg.
Things to bring
- Proof of international health insurance: valid throughout the duration of the programme
- International student ID
- A laptop: this will come in very handy if you don't want to be bothered with going to the computer pools all the time (the sockets in Germany are usually for two pin plugs: 240 V; 50 HZ)
- Hospitality gift: since a homestay with a German family is organised it is wise to bring some kind of gift to the family, preferably something special from your home country
- Towels and hairdryer: in Freiberg you will not stay in a hotel so please remember to bring your own toiletries; however, bedlinen will be provided
- Clothing: warm clothes will come in handy, sports gear if you intend to participate in any sporting activities, trainers/sturdy shoes for hiking trips, warm waterproof jacket in case of rain, swimming things (there is an indoor and outdoor pool in Freiberg) etc.
- Sun protection