International Day, 15 June 2016
Review International Day on 15 June 2016
Am 15. Juni 2016 fand der Internationale Tag des IUZ zusammen mit der Karrieremesse ORTE in der Rülein-Sporthalle in Freiberg statt. Neben Infoständen zu Studium und Praktikum im Ausland sowie Programme für internationale Studenten, hatte das IUZ gemeinsam mit chinesische Studentinnen und Studenten eine chinesische Teestube aufgebaut. – Ein besonderer Anziehungspunkt für alle Besucher.
Review Arabic Night
The conclusion of the International Day 2016 was the Arabic Night in Tivoli. Students from Arabic countries presented their culture to 500 guests. The Arabic Night was co-organized by Arbeitskreis Ausländische Studierende (AKAS) .
A picture gallery of the Arabic Night has been published by Arbeitskreis Ausländische Studierende (AKAS).
Arabian fashion show
Interviews with guests and makers
The student Ahmed Abdallganie from Sudan has produced a film with cuttings from the fashion show and with interviews of participants and organizers (language: English, duration: 20 min.)
Programme of the International Day 2016:
Part 1: International Day meets ORTE
When: on Wednesday, 15th June, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
Where: Sports hall Meißner Ring 20 c
What: Information about studying and internships abroad, as well as offers for international students in Freiberg + relax and enjoy at our Chinese tea bar
For those interested in going abroad, different information about degree programmes and internships in foreign countries as well as about funding opportunities will be presented. Students, who already completed stays abroad during their studies, will give useful hints in their experience reports. Furthermore, the student organisation IAESTE presents its offer of organising worldwide placements. (warum nicht Leonardo?) à Furthermore, the Leonardo-Office Dresden presents the offers for a successful internship with ERASMUS+. For international students special offers to improve their language skills as well as information about participating in Arbeitskreis Ausländische Studierende (AKAS) and its activities will be presented.
- 10.15 a.m. – 10.45 a.m. Organizational information about ERASMUS placements (in German language, Forum 1)
- 10.45 a.m. – 11.15 a.m. Students report about their experiences during a placement in England and South Africa (in German language, Forum 1)
- 11.30 a.m. – 12.00 Local Report in cooperation with Freiberg Alumni Network – Alumni share their experience in working in New York, Moscow and Baku (in English language, Forum 1)
- 12 – 1 p.m. Up-to-date information regarding the reintegration and financial support provided by Centre for International Migration and Development – CIM (in English language)
- 1 p.m. – 1.30 p.m. German Central Placement Office (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung – ZAV) speaks about opportunities for international students in the German labour market (in English language)
- Guided tour through ORTE for international students: Please register until 13 June at the Career Center’s website
Chinese Tea Bar
To experience some exotic flair already in place, visit our Chinese tea bar. Please bring your own drinking bowl, if you have.