My research interests include
- Electromagnetic theory
- Numerical simulation methods for 3-D time-domain and frequency-domain applications
- Inversion of electromagnetic data
- Finite differences (2-D, 3-D)
- Finite elements (2-D, 3-D)
- 3-D time-domain EM simulation using Krylov subspace methods in the frequency domain
- Time integration methods for 3-D EM induction modelling in the time-domain
- Dipole induction within a layered half-space (1-D)
- Bayesian inference using Monte-Carlo-Markov-Chains
The figure on the left shows a typical result of a numerical simulation study.
Depicted is the spatial pattern of the natural magnetotelluric field within the Earth for a simplified two-dimensional geological structure, e.g., an electrically conductive ore body embedded in a resistive host rock.
(Background image courtesy of A. Franke-Börner)
FE simulation of 2-D Magnetotellurics in MATLAB
1-D inversion of transient-electromagnetic data in MATLAB