Bernhard-von-Cotta-Str. 2 (Humboldt-Bau), Zimmer 1210
Telefon +49 1512 1536860
rippaarsengmail [dot] com
- Since 2016 “Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees’’ research grant holder (DAAD) and PhD student in Institute for Geology, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- 2012-2015 PhD student at the Laboratory of Volcanology, Institute of Geological Sciences, National Academy of Sciences of Armenia
- 2009-2011 Yerevan State University (Armenia), Faculty of Geography and Geology, Chair of Search and Investigation of Mineral Deposits; Master's degree with honors
- 2005-2009 Yerevan State University (Armenia), Geological Faculty, Bachelor's degree in Geology with honors
- 1993-2003 School #200, Yerevan
- 2012-2016 Junior research fellow: Laboratory of volcanology, Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
- 2009-2012 Engineering geologist: Laboratory of volcanology, Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
- 2008-2009 Laboratory assistant: Laboratory of volcanology, Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
- Since 2008 participation in several field campaigns (e.g. Armenia, Germany)
Major Grants and Projects
- 2015-2016 Volcano-Tectonic settings of Quaternary volcanism of Kapan block (south Armenian) and specific conditions of generation of magmas
- 2013-2015 Development of Conceptual Model of Volcanism of Ararat Valley
- 2013-2015 PEER–Science Volcanic Hazard Assessment for Ararat Valley (USA-Armenia)
- 2009-2011 Participation in the project “Volcanic Hazard Assessment for the Armenian Nuclear Power Plant - ANPP “(USA-UK-Armenia).
Current Research Interests
- Physical volcanology, petrography, igneous petrology
- Mineral textures in volcanic rocks and relationships to magma dynamics
- Geochemical characterization of pyroclastic flow deposits in Lesser Caucasus.
- Gevorgyan, H., Repstock, A., Schulz, B., Meliksetian, Kh., Breitkreuz, Ch., Israyelyan, A., 2018. Decoding a post-collisional multistage magma system: The Quaternary ignimbrites of Aragats Stratovolcano, western Armenia. Lithos 318–319: 267–282
- Sheth H., Meliksetian Kh., Gevorgyan H., Israyelyan A., Navasardyan G.. Intracanyon basalt lavas of the Debed River (northern Armenia), part of the Pliocene-Pleistocene continental flood basalt province in the South Caucasus. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, 2015, p. 1-15 (in English)
- Gevorgyan H. Genesis and stratigraphy of the Upper Pliocene-Quaternary tuff-ignimbrites of Armenia. Proceedings, Young scientists conference, Institute of Geological sciences, National Academy of Sciences of Armenia (ISBN 978-9939-1-0186-6) Earth Sciences, 2015, pp. 18-27; (in Armenian)
- Jrbashyan R.T., Meliksetian Kh.B., Ghukasyan Yu. G, Gevorgyan H.P., Savov I., Karapetyan S.H., Navasardyan G. Kh., Manucharyan D.A. The plinian eruption of Irind volcano (Aragats volcanic region, Armenia). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (ISSN 0515-961X) Earth Sciences, 2015, 68, №1, pp. 3-21; (in Russian, abstract in English)
- Jrbashyan R.T., Ghukasyan Yu.G., Karapetyan S.H., Mnatsakanyan A.Kh., Navasardyan G.Kh., Gevorgyan H.P. Types of Volcanic Eruptions and Forms of Manifestation of the Late-Collision On-Land Volcanism in Armenia. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (ISSN 0515-961X) Earth Sciences, 2012, 65, №3, pp. 3-20; (in Russian, abstract in English)
- Meliksetian Kh.B., Gevorgyan H.P., GhukasyanYu.G. Find of Specularite (Specular Hematite) in the crater of Blrashark-1 volcano. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia, Earth Sciences, 2010, № 3, pp. 24-29; (in Russian, abstract in English)
- Gevorgyan H., Repstock A., Schulz B., Meliksetian Kh., Breitkreuz C., Israelyan A. Classifications and p-T Paths of Phenocrysts and Volcanic Glass from the Quarternary Ignimbrite Units of the Aragats Volcanic Province, Armenia. Goldschmidt, 2017, France, Paris. (in English).
- Gevorgyan H., Repstock A., Schulz B., Meliksetian Kh., Breitkreuz C., Israelyan A.: Mineral textures in ignimbrites of the Quaternary Aragats stratovolcano, western Armenia: Implication for magma chamber dynamics. GeoBremen, 2017, Germany. (in English)
- Kirscher U., Meliksetian Kh., Gevorgyan H., Navasardyan G., Bachtadse V. Ignimbrites of Armenia - Paleomagnetic constraints on flow direction and stratigraphy of pyroclastic activity of Mount Aragats. Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU General Assembly 2017, Vol. 19, Austria, Vienna. (in English)
- Gevorgyan H.P., Meliksetian Kh.B., Ghukasyan Yu. G., Savov I., Karapetyan S.G., Navasardyan G.Kh., Quaternary ignimbrites of Armenia: Petrology and stratigraphy. 26th IUGG General Assembly 2015, Czech Republic, Prague. (in English)
- Meliksetian Kh., Connor C., Savov I., ConnorL., Navasardyan G., Manucharyan D., Ghukasyan Y., Gevorgyan H. Conceptual model of volcanism and volcanic hazards of the region of Ararat valley, Armenia. Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU General Assembly 2015, Vol. 17, Austria, Vienna. (in English)
- Meliksetian Kh., Savov I., Connor C., Halama R., Jrbashyan R., Navasardyan G., Ghukasyan Y., Gevorgyan H., Manucharyan D., Ishizuka O., Quidelleur X., Germa A. Aragats stratovolcano in Armenia - volcano-stratigraphy and petrology. Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU General Assembly 2014, Vol. 16, Austria, Vienna. (in English)
- Meliksetian Kh.B., Ghukasyan Yu. G, Jrbashyan R.T., Savov I., Navasardyan G. Kh., Gevorgyan H. P. Geochemistry of volcanic series of Aragats province. International scientific-practical conference «Continental Neovolcanism of Alpian Fold Area of Eastern Europe» Kiev, 2013, p. 33. (in Russian)
- Contributor to the ‘A Photographic Atlas of Flood Basalt Volcanism’ by H. Sheth, Springer, 2018, 363pp.
- Armenian: Native
- Russian: Fluent in speaking and writing
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing
- German: Intermediate level (A2-B1)
- Microsoft Office, CorelDraw, ArcGIS, OriginPro 2015, Linux (beginner).
References available upon request.