Prof. Dr. Thomas Nagel
Gustav-Zeuner-Straße 1, Zimmer 108
Telefon +49 3731 39-3614
Fax +49 3731 39-3501
Thomas [dot] Nagelifgt [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Since 09/2018 Full Professor, Chair of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany.
- Since 10/2020 Adjunct Professor, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Center for Hypergravity Experimental and Interdisciplinary Research, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
- 01/2015 – 12/2019 Adjunct Assistant Professor (Continuum Mechanics) School of Engineering, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- 05/2016 – 08/2018 Work group leader Environmental Geotechnics Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Germany. Joint workgroup with the Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Ressources (BGR) www.ufz.de/environmental-geotechnics
- 08/2014 – 08/2018 Work group leader Computational Energy Systems Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Germany. www.ufz.de/comp-energy-sys
- 07/2012 – 07/2014 Staff scientist Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Germany.
- 10/2008 – 06/2012 Research assistant Centre for Bioengineering, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- 09/2006 – 03/2007 Guest scientist Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, USA.
- 07/2014 – 12/2014 Helmholtz-Management Academy
- 10/2008 – 06/2012 PhD in Bioengineering Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- 04 – 07/2008 Research visit Division Biomechanics & Tissue Engineering, Eindhoven Technical University, The Netherlands.
- 11/2003 – 09/2008 Dipl.-Ing. in Applied Mechanics in Mechanical Engineering/Production Technology Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany.
- Mechanical Properties of Granular Materials (BSc-level)
- Soil Mechanics (MSc-level)
- Numerical Methods in Geotechnics (MSc-level)
- Finite Element Methods for Solids and Porous Media (PhD-level)
- Continuum Mechanics of Solids and Porous Media (PhD-level)
- Computation of Technical and Natural Energy Systems (PhD-level)
- Hyperelasticity of Blood Vessels (MSc level)
- Constitutive Models for Soft Tissues (BSc level)
- Mechanics of Materials (BSc level)
- Technical Mechanics I (BSc level)
Awards, scholarships, commissions of honour
- Since 2019: Head of Steering Committee of the German Chapter of the International Society for Porous Media
- 04/2017 Co-editor Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical-Chemical Processes in Fractured Porous Media:
Modelling and Benchmarking, Springer’s Terrestrial Environmental Sciences.
- 04/2017 InterPore Rosette Award by the International Society for Porous Media.
- since 2015 Editor-in-Chief of Computational Modeling of Energy Systems, the SpringerBriefs in Energy.
- 2015 - 2019 Editor-in-Chief of Newsletter of the International Society for Porous Media InterPore.
- 04/2013 – 03/2016 Helmholtz Initiating and Networking Fund
- Fellowship and grant of the Helmholtz Postdoc Programme.
- 03/2013 European Society for Biomechanics Finalist for the “Best Doctoral Thesis Award”.
- 12/2009 Trinity Centre for Bioengineering Winter Symposium Price for best presentation.
- 10/2008 – 09/2011 Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology IRCSET Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme.
- 04 – 07/2008 German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarship for final thesis projects.