DAAD Alumni Seminar 2021
DAAD Alumni Special Project 2021 on
Clean Water, Clean Energy and Circular Economy
with a participation in the West African Clean Energy & Environment (WACEE) online Trade Fair
Date of the seminar: 4 – 8 October 2021
WACEE: 29 – 30 September 2021
Location of both events is ONLINE
Programme of the DAAD Alumni Seminar WACEE
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 899 3047 7037
Given the specific situation of the COVID-19 pandemic situation in South Africa, the IFAT Trade Fair in Johannesburg, previously announced for July 2021 and later re-scheduled for November 2021, has now definitively been cancelled. In response, DAAD has proposed to give Alumni who were selected as participants to the accompanying seminar the opportunity to participate in an alternative seminar in conjunction with another conference and trade fair entitled West African Clean Energy & Environment (WACEE) to be held online from 29 to 30 September, 2021. This event is organized by the Delegation of German Industry in Ghana with various partners.
In comparison with the previous seminar in Johannesburg with the focus on Water in Africa, the newly announced seminar has a broader perspective as it includes clean energy and the circular economy.
DAAD and the convenors TU Bergakademie Freiberg and Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden would really appreciate your consent and your willingness to participate in the online event. This announcement is sent to you as an admitted participant to the originally planned seminar in Johannesburg as a cordial invitation to
- Consider your participation to the online seminar and the online Trade Fair
- Confirm your participation by mail
- Encourage other German Alumni who may have an interest in participation, preferably as professionals in Clean Energy and the Circular Economy to send in their application as well
Tentative Programme of the Seminar Week
An adapted programme is in preparation and it will be sent to you after we have received your confirmation.
For the Alumni Seminar, a dedicated website will be organized to which all admitted participants receive exclusive access for attending lectures, group work, brainstorming and networking. Contributions and any other relevant inputs delivered by participants can be uploaded and made available.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation
This seminar targets Alumni of German universities
- from African countries listed on the DAC list of ‘developing’ countries,
- who carried out research or studied in Germany for at least 3 months and
- who are currently living and working in their home countries.
You should have
- a proven background in academic fields relevant to the topics of drinking and waste water technologies, industrial water technologies, water recovery and recycling, water resources management, water analytics, water and waste water economics, water and community development, water and agriculture, water in urban environments
- professional experience and personal interest in one of the following areas: above all practical experience with respect to the topics mentioned in (1), in the context of project development, industry, government agencies, NGOs, local communities, applied research in academia and industry
- the requirements to act as a potential multiplier to transmit the seminar results, disseminate the acquired knowledge and to develop innovative ideas and projects for implementation in the home countries
- adequate language proficiency which is essential to actively participate in the workshops and discussions as the seminar will be held in English
Eligibility for repeated attendances at Alumni Special Projects:
Participations in Alumni Special Projects are limited to a maximum of 2 participations within 4 years. The year of participation, not the year of application, is decisive for the calculation.