Procedure of application in two steps
The application process for winter semester 2021/2022 has started. More information about this application process can be found on these pages.
Due to Corona:
Please note that in case of a conditional admission (e.g. missing English test or missing GRE or GMAT, or the like), the relevant evidence has to be sent to the our zulassungsbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de (Admissions Office) before enrolment. Students can only be able to enrole if all conditions are met! Be reminded that all tests for admission (English tests, analytical tests) can be taken online now (even if those are not perfect substitutes). We all suffer from Corona and we have to all live with the additional hardships.
Admission and deadline
The programme only admits students for each start of the academic year (early October), there is usually no admission for summer semester (starting in April): Exchange students are welcome any semester.
Deadline for sending complete application packages in hard copy:
- 15 April of each year for students in need of a visa
Late submissions (preferably by students not in need of visa) may be considered, but only if there are still free places.
The university enrols admitted students during the period of time specified on the admission letter (typically early September to early October each year). We organise a lot of important meetings and discussions and extra-curricular activities, so coming late is no option.
Additional hints and notes
- We admit between 10 and 15 students per specialisation each year to the programme (so 20-30 in total for our MBA)
- More information on what to consider before moving to Freiberg (health insurance, cost of living, etc.)
- More information about what to do after arriving in Freiberg (registration with the University, the municipal registration office, etc.)
- The University's mentor programme helps you through the first days in Freiberg. It is organised by the International Centre "Alexander von Humboldt".
Please send your complete (see checklist) application package in hard copy to
Please note: if you want your documents back, please include a stamped envelope with a complete return address