2009/10 Workshop Africa
With the support of DAAD we organised two Alumni Workhops in Ghana in the years 2009 and 2010.
The first workshop took place from March 24 to 27, 2009 at our partner university Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology in Kumasi. The workshop was dedicated to Sustainable Management and Exploitation of Africa's Resources and Environment and brought together a number of recognized experts and Alumni of our program. There was an excessive exchange of knowledge and expertise.
The presentations are now available for downloading (Published: March 30, 2009):
- Challenge of Small Scale Mining in Ghana
- Corporate Social Responsibility A Newmont View
- Demand for CDM Projects in Europe
- Development of CDM Projects in Africa
- Harnessing Africa's Resources for Sustainable Development
- Markets for Africa's Resources in a Global Context
- Oil Discoveries in West Africa - Economic Benefits and Ecological Risks
- The DAAD, its services and offers
- The Role of Financial Institutions in Environmental Management
- The West African Gas Pipeline - An Overview
The Alumni Conference is now being recognized by the media in Ghana. See an advert in the biggest online news GhanaWeb.
The conference in 2010 took place from November 11 to 14, 2010 at university Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology in Kumasi. The conference was dealing with , but will also take place in Ghana. The proposed title is Enivironmental Disasters of Oil & Gas Explotation: Lessons from Gulf of Mexico.
The presentations are now available for downloading (Published: November 30, 2010):
- Climate Change Implication of Oil Exploitation in Ghana
- Environment of the Off-Shore Oil Exploitation
- Environmental Management Challenges of Oil Development In Ghana
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill - What Is Known So Far
- Making Sense of Our Gas
- Occupational Safety & Health In Ghana
- Socio-Economic Impact On Oil Exploration
Further information is found online GhanaWeb.