ITUN @ Green Rio in Brazil
A poster about the German-Vietnamese cooperation project BioMatUse was exhibited at the fair Green Rio (http://www.greenrio.com.br/index.php/english/) in Rio de Janeiro from May 24th to May 26th 2018. It was part of the booth of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) on “Bioeconomy”.
Scope of the BMBF-funded project BioMatUse is the material usage of agricultural by-products from sugar cane and rice processing, e.g. rice straw and bagasse, to produce erosion control blankets, soil improvers for an improved agriculture, and adsorbent materials for gas or water cleaning purposes.
German project partners:
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg – Institut für Thermische Verfahrenstechnik, Umwelt- und Naturstoffverfahrenstechnik
- Roess Natur Group GmbH & Co. KG – Internationale Geotextil GmbH
- Gebrüder Jehmlich GmbH
Vietnamese project partners:
- Lam Son Sugar Cane Joint Stock Corporation
- Vietnam Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Hanoi
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology