Summer school September 18 – 29, 2017
"Simulation and modeling of technical processes"
The summer school seeks to impart knowledge on mathematical modeling in the fields of mechanical engineering, materials science, Petroleum engineering, civil engineering and process engineering to students of our Iraqi partner universities as well as students of TU Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF). The summer school will combine lectures on simulation and modeling in solving specific problems in engineering with laboratory trainings. Both, lecturers of TUBAF and lecturers of Iraqi partner universities will present and discuss different aspects of modelling as well as problem solving strategies.
- Introduction to simulation technology: COMSOL, Ansys, Plaxis, Sinumerik, PFC
- Simulation of Super Plastic Materials
- Metal cutting modeling and simulation
- Simulation of single point incremental forming, SPIF
- Evaluation of the residual stresses in advanced manufacturing processes using design of experiment & finite element simulation
- Building strain measuring device based on Arduino microcontroller
- Planning of experiments
- Fuzzy set theory and fuzzy logic
- Simulation in Petroleum engineering
- CAD-System / NX
- CNC lab
- Moulding Sand Testing
- 3D laboratory
- Geotechnical engineering laboratory
- Petroleum engineering laboratory
- VW car production company in Dresden
- research and teaching mine „Reiche Zeche“
- Heliotec company - wind power energy
Students of TU Bergakademie Freiberg, who are interested in participating in the summer school (number is limited) please send an email to Ms. Manuela Junghans: Manuela [dot] Junghansiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de. Please provide the following information: name, course of study, semester
The summer school will be held in English.
Programme modifications are possible at any time.