M. Sc. Taofik Nassan
Gebäude der Fa. Aqua-Saxonia Agricolastraße 24
Telefon +49 3731 39-2878
Taofik [dot] Nassanstudent [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
|11/2016 - to date||PhD Candidate / Thermal enhanced oil recovery|
|09/2007 - 04/2010||Master of Science in Chemical Engineering/ Natural Gas Processing Engineering and Transportation - Ferdowsi University of Mashhad-Mashhad- Iran (www.um.ac.ir)|
|10/1999 - 08/2001||Post Graduate Diploma in Drilling and Production Engineering of Oil and Gas Wells (part-time) - Al Baath University-Homs-Syria|
|09/1994 - 06/1999||Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering - Al Baath University-Homs-Syria (www.albaath-univ.edu.sy )|
|06/2010 - 09/2016||Natural gas processing supervisor for SGC (Syrian Gas company) / Operation and Development Directorate|
|08/2006 - 09/2007||Technical manager for Amidas Securitec / UAE-Dubai and Syria|
|06/2003 - 08/2006||Well Services Company man for AFPC (Al-Furat Petroleum Company)/Syria|
|06/2001 - 06/2003||Drilling Supervisor for SPC, supervision of drilling operations, casing and well completion/Syria|
|10/1999 - 06/2001||Trainee Engineer/Assistant Drilling Supervisor / on exploration rigs of SPC/Syria|
- Enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- Fluid flow and heat transfer in porous media
- Reservoir simulation
- Transport phenomena
- Applications of numerical methods
- Natural gas engineering
Peer reviewed publications
- T. Nassan, M. Amro, C. Freese, M. Wechsung, Modelling of supercritical CO2 (scCO2) sequestration in saline aquifers for energy harvesting, Erdöl Erdgas Kohle, year 137, issue 10|2021.
- T. Nassan, M. Amro, Carbon dioxide (CO2) as heat extraction fluid from geothermal systems, Oil Gas European Magazine, 47 ed., issue 02|2021.
- T. Nassan, M. Amro, K.-D. Barbknecht and TH. Ihle, Carbon dioxide as cushion gas in hydrogen storage caverns – Feasibility study, European Oil Gas Coal Magazine, 137 Jg, Ausgabe 2, Seiten 38-44, 2021| Accepted
- C. Onaa, T. Nassan and M.M. Amro ,Experimental and numerical evaluation of diffusivity influence on hydrocarbon fluids capillary imbibition – Environmental study, Oil Gas European Magazine , year 136 (6/2020)
- S. Zeinali Heris, Taofik H. Nassan, S. H. Noie, H. Sardarabadi, M. Sardarabadi , Laminar convective heat transfer of Al2O3/water nanofluid through square cross-sectional duct, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, Volume (12), 12-2013, Pages 678-684.
- S. Zeinali Heris , Taofik H. Nassan , Seyed Hossein Noie Baghban , CuO/water nanofluid laminar convective heat transfer through square duct under uniform heat flux, International Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,Volume 7, Number 3,Summer 2011, Pages 111-120.
- Taofik H. Nassan, S. Zeinali Heris, S. H. Noie, A comparison of experimental heat transfer characteristics for Al2O3/water and CuO/water nanofluids in square cross-section duct, International Communications in Heat and Mass transfer, Volume 37, Issue 7, August 2010, Pages 924-928.
Presentations at conferences
- - Anastasia Pituganova, Taofik Nassan, Mohd Amro, Ilgiz Minkhanov, Mikhail Varfolomeev, Alexander Bolotov, Experimental and numerical analysis of thermal EOR recovery schemes for extra-heavy oil of The Oykino-altuninsky uplift of the Romashkinskoye oilfield, International Petroleum Technology Conference- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). SPE paper 22IPTC-22425-MS, Dhahran-Saudi Arabia, 21-23 February 2022.
- Taofik H. Nassan, Mohd Amro ,Cold water flooding vs. steam injection applicability for heavy oil reservoirs as a secondary stage recovery method, 21th European Symposium on enhanced oil recovery (IOR21), Vienna-Austria, 19-22 April 2021|Accepted
- Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.: Finite element modelling of three-phase non-isothermal flow in heavy oil reservoirs- case study SAGD, COMSOL Conference 2020 Europe, Grenoble-France, 14-15 Oct 2020
- Onaa, C.; Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.: Numerical simulation of non-aqueous phase liquids imbibition in unconsolidated porous media, COMSOL Conference 2020 Europe, Grenoble-France, 14-15 Oct 2020
- Onaa, C.; Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.: Experimental and Numerical Evaluation of Diffusivity Influence on LNAPL Capillary Imbibition – Environmental Study DGMK/ÖGEW-Frühjahrstagung 15. - 16. April 2020 in Celle, Deutschland. ISBN 978-3-947716-04-3
- Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.: Finite element simulation of multiphase flow in oil reservoirs - COMSOL Multiphysics® as a fast protyping tool in reservoir simulation, 14th Freiberg-Saint Petersburg Colloquium within activities of 70th BHT Conference, ISSN 2190-555X, TU Freiberg, Freiberg-Germany, 5-7 June 2019
- Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.:, Finite element analysis of local thermal equilibrium (LTE) and local thermal nonequilibrium (LTNE) processes during steam injection process in porous media, 11th annual meeting -Interpore2019, Valencia-Spain, 6-10 May 2019
- Nassan, T.: Simulation of 1-D heat distribution in heavy oil reservoirs during steam injection process, COMSOL conference 2018 Lausanne, Lausanne-Switzerland, ISBN: 978-0-9910001-6-6 , 22-24 Oct, 2018
- Nassan, T.:, Current EOR techniques for heavy oil and bitumen: A brief review, 69th BHT Freiberger Universitätsforum 2018, 3rd PhD conference, TU Freiberg, Freiberg-Germany, 6-8 June, 2018
- Taofik H. Nassan, S. Zeinali Heris, S. H. Noie, Experimental investigation of γ-AL2O3/water, CuO/water nanofluids forced convective heat transfer ,7th Student’s Nanotechnology Conference 26-28 May, Tehran-Iran, 2010.
Posters at conferences
- Taofik Nassan, Mohd Amro, Anastasia Pituganova, Ilgiz Minkhanov, Alexander Bolotov, Mikhail Varfolomeev, Thermal EOR development strategy for extra-heavy oil production in Romashkinskoye oilfield based on laboratory study and numerical simulation, DGMK/ÖGEW-Frühjahrstagung, 21 April, 2021 in Celle, Deutschland.
- Taofik H. Nassan, Mohammad Amro, Production optimization of heavy oil reservoirs by application of thermal methods, Student Technical Congress, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe-Germany, 4-6 November 2020.
- Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.: Pore scale modelling of multiphase flow using COMSOL Multiphysics® for Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) applications, 4th PhD Conference within activities of 70th BHT Conference, TU Freiberg, Freiberg-Germany, 5-7 June 2019
- Nassan, T.; Amro, M. M.: Phase-field method vs. volume of fluid (VOF) for simulating immiscible two-phase flow in porous media, 11th annual meeting -Interpore2019, Valencia-Spain, 6-10 May 2019
- Nassan,T.: Simulation of 1-D heat distribution in heavy oil reservoirs during steam injection process, COMSOL conference 2018 Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland, ISBN: 978-0-9910001-6-6 , 22-24 Oct, 2018
Graduation’s published thesis
- Taofik H. Nassan, S. H. Noie, S. Zeinali Heris, Experimental investigation of nanofluid forced convective heat transfer in square cross-section duct under constant heat flux, MSc thesis, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad-Iran, April 2010.
- Taofik H. Nassan, Mohammad Mahfood, Investigation of reservoir and lithostratigraphic properties of Shiranish formation in the north east of Syria and the role of EOR to increase the recovery, PGDip Thesis, Al-Baath University, Homs-Syria, 2001.
- Taofik H. Nassan, O. S. Al Yasery, G. A. Al ahhad, Experimental investigation of hydration influence on the properties of oil reservoirs, BSc Thesis, Al-Baath University, Homs-Syria, 1999.