Objectives of the Lecture Series
EURECA-PRO is starting free online lecture series presented by leading professors and researchers of seven European universities from six countries. The series consists of 14 lectures on the topic "Responsible Consumption and Production".The Lectures are intended to provide an introduction and initial overview of the multi-faceted nature of responsible consumption and production illustrated by the following thematic areas:
- Sustainable Development Goals
- European Union and Culture
- Responsible Mining Approach
- Circular Economy
- Sustainability and Energy Technologies
- Key role of materials in responsible production
Innovative solutions for current issues of society and industry focusing on United Nation Sustainable Development Goal 12 “Responsible Consumption and Production” are drafted.
The lectures are open for all students, researchers and academic staff.
All participants can get a Certificate of Attendance for each lecture.
The lecture series is one part of the module „Introduction to Sustainable Development Goal 12 in its economic, social, environmental and technology dimensions“. Recognition with 5 ECTS credits can be granted if 11 lectures are attended, an online test is taken at the end and a study paper is written. The paper should comprise 10 pages and show the student's understanding of SDG 12, describe the major of study and show a research approach towards applications of relevant dimensions of SDG12 to this major. We will send necessary information and conditions of participation until the end of November to anyone who has expressed interest by registering.
Schedule Lecture Series 2021/2022: Geosciences, Technologies for a circular economy, European Values and Culture
1. The values of Europe and of Europe's citizens
- Professor Jan C. Bongaerts, TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- 04th of Nov 2021, 06:00 p.m. CET
- The lecture provides an overview of the Values of European Citizens and the Values of European Policy making. It also highlights the contribution of EURECA-PRO to the promotion of European Values.
2. Responsible Mining Approach-Basics and Case Studies
- Professor Carsten Drebenstedt, TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- 11th of Nov 2021, 06:00 p.m. CET
- To optimize the mining process under considering of both, economic and environmental/social aspects, it is necessary a comprehensive investigation of all processes along the process chain over the life cycle.The lecture "Responsible Mining Approach-Basics and Case Studies" introduces to the basics of the holistic approach and shows elements of the successful implementation along the mining value chain