- 2020: PhD student at the Institute of Electronics and Sensor materials at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
- 2019 - 2020: Research in 2D sensor materials, TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
- 2019: Research in 2D materials via liquid-phase exfoliation, Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, India.
- 2017- 2018: Master’s degree in Materials Engineering at the University of Alberta, Canada and master’s thesis on “Bio-inspired Injectable MPC-based hydrogel by employing Schiff based reaction for 3D cell encapsulation and selective drug delivery in a tumour microenvironment.”
- 2016: Visiting student at Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu, Japan.
- 2015 - 2016: Exchange Student at Umea University, Sweden.
- 2015 - 2015: Internship at National Institute of Technology, India on the synthesis and study of ZnO nanoparticles’ hydrophobic properties.
- 2013 - 2017: Bachelor’s degree in Nanotechnology from SRM Institute of Science and Technology and bachelor’s thesis on “Electronic and Photon Absorption properties of 2D-Transition Metal Dichalcogenides using DFT code.”
Focus of Work
- Liquid Phase Exfoliation of 2D nanomaterials.
- Research and characterization of monolayer materials.
- Research of 2D materials for the fabrication of sensor devices.
- Study of DFT code for examining the properties of 2D materials.
Awards and Scholarships
- SAKURA Exchange Program Scholarship by the government of Japan at Shizuoka University, 2016.
- Merit Scholarship by the Department of Physics and Nanotechnology, SRM University for academic excellence, 2016.
- Bilateral Exchange Program Scholarship by the Swedish government at Umea University, 2015.
- Ateeb Shaban, Arijit Sen, Neeraj Kumar, Decorating MnO2 nanorods with Ag particles of different sizes, Asian Consortium of Computational Material Science (ACCMS), India, 2016.
- Ateeb Shaban, Florina Regius, Electronic and Photonic Properties of TiO2, IEEE International Conference of Engineering and Technology, India, 2015.