- 2020-Present: PhD student at Institute for Electronics and Sensor Materials Topic – TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
Project: Sol-Gel Coating on Smart Implant.
- 2015-2018: MSc student at College of Materials Engineering - University of Babylon
Project: Numerical and Experimental investigation of Machining properties of NAB alloy prepared by P/M.
- 2011-2015: BSc student at College of Materials Engineering - University of Babylon.
Publications and conference contributions
- Alaa H. Jaafar, Haydar Al-Ethari and Kararr Farhan (2019). Modelling and optimization of manufacturing calcium carbonate-based aluminum foam. Materials Research Express, 6(8), pp.0865g1. DOI: 10.1088/2053-1591/ab2602.
- Alaa H. Jaafar and Haydar Al-Ethari (2018) ‘Optimisation of Machining Ti6Al4V for Biomedical Applications: Numerical Simulation and Experimental Verification’, International Journal of Machiningand Machinability of Materials, 20 (5), pp. 447-459. DOI: 10.1504/IJMMM.2018.096055.
- Alaa H. Jaafar and Haydar Al-Ethari (2018) ‘Optimization of Machining Nickel Aluminum Bronze Matrix Composite Prepared by Powder Metallurgy’, International Conference on Advances in Sustainable Engineering and Applications 2018, DOI: 10.1109/ICASEA.2018.8370991.
- Alaa H. Jaafar and Haydar Al-Ethari (2018) ‘Influence of Cubic Boron Nitride on the Physical and Mechanical Properties of NAB Alloy Prepared by Powder Metallurgy’, journal of engineering and applied sciences, 13 (4), pp. 874-879, DOI: 10.3923/jeasci.2018.874.879.
- Alaa H. Jaafar and Haydar Al-Ethari (2019) ‘Numerical And Experimental Investigations of Cutting Force for NAB-CBN Composite’, Iraqi Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Engineering, 18(4), pp. 589-603.