Employment or presence on university
Current information from the Rector on measures and responsibilities for employment or presence on university premises (in relation to the Covid 19 pandemic) (Status 23 April 2020)
The principle of one person per room is only to be compromised for special tasks and only temporarily while maintaining the minimum distance regulation and special hygiene measures.
The partial and temporary presence of employees allows for a systematic spatial separation.
Technical measures (responsible person as specified below)
- keeps the building closed to the public (house director)
- workplace design: at least 1.5 m distance between employees (line manager)
- compliance with the distance rules in the institute and other rooms of at least 1.5 m by technical measures (line manager)
- compliance with the distance rules in central rooms and traffic routes of at least 1.5 m by technical measures such as closing off every second wash place, placing distance markings on the floor in rooms or wash places, not placing tables and chairs in break rooms close together (house director)
- rooms should be ventilated frequently (employee)
- ensure hygiene standards, e.g. wipe, provide or stock door handles, doorknobs, soap dispensers, paper towels, waste bins and surface disinfectants (caretaker)
- Examine whether cleaning intervals can be shortened, especially with regard to areas used by many employees (taps, sanitary facilities, toilet lids and bowls) (central university administration)
- advice shall be given that contact with door handles shall be avoided where possible, e.g. external doors of washrooms and toilets shall, if possible, not be closed after leaving, or appropriate measures shall be taken to allow opening without manual operation
Organizational measures (responsible person as specified below)
- awareness of employees to their own symptoms (in the presence of the employee’s line manager/own information)
- employees shall be instructed on hygiene behaviour (line manager)
- employees with common cold symptoms stay at home. (employee)
- alternative work opportunities should be given to employees who belong to the risk group due to previous illnesses or their age (mobile work) (line manager)
- compliance with the distance rules of at least 1.5 m by organisational measures, e.g. limitation of the number of persons (if necessary organisation of individual use) (line manager)
- where the use of tools and equipment for personal use is not possible, separate disinfection is carried out (employee/ line manager as supervisor)
- exclusive use of own personal protective equipment and work clothing; work and protective equipment should be stored separately and cleaned regularly (employee)
- information requirements: The occurrence of an infection with the Covid-19 virus must be reported to the university management by the sick person immediately by telephone to the Personnel Department on 03731 39 2631 or by e-mail to personaleinzelzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de (personaleinzelzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de). They must report this to the responsible health department, which will arrange for all further measures to be taken. An infection with Covid-19 virus is one of the illnesses that must be reported.
- Maintain hand hygiene (wash hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds)
- Use disposable towels
- Observe cough etiquette (e.g. coughing, sneezing into the crook of your arm)
- Keep a distance of at least 1,5 m between them (avoid direct physical contact)
- No shaking of hands or other physical contact
- Avoid meetings, if necessary keep your distance and wear face protection in small groups
- In break rooms and canteens a sufficient distance must be ensured and care must be taken to avoid queues if possible.
- In case of unavoidable contact with other persons, a mouth and nose protector must be worn.
Yours with kind regards and stay healthy
Prof. Dr. Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht