The TU Bergakademie Freiberg Open Access Publishing Fund
The TU Bergakademie Freiberg Publishing Fund can cover the article processing charges (APCs) in open access journals for you. We apply the criteria for publication funds recommended by the DFG (German Research Foundation). The University Library manages the Open Access Publication Fund and also provides advice on all other questions relating to the topic of Open Access.
- The “submitting author” or “corresponding author” must be a member of the Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg. In the case of multiple authorship, the majority of the scientific work must have been created at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg. The TU affiliation of the author must be clearly recognizable in the publication.
- The article will be published in a Gold OA journal, all articles of which are immediately accessible free of charge upon publication under a Creative Commons license. The journal uses a recognized quality assurance process. Funding is not granted for subscription-based journals with a hybrid model. The journal must be listed in the DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals).
- The total costs for the article (including 19% VAT) are a maximum of € 2,000 per article (net: € 1,680). Higher invoice amounts are not supported, not even partially. Under certain circumstances, price negotiations with the publishers are possible, we are happy to support you. For publications in third-party funded projects, the authors are obliged to pay the publication costs from any third-party funds available. Additional costs for fast processing, excess length or the like will not be covered.
- Publications financed by the fund should contain the following notice: "Open Access Funding by the Publication Fund of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg."
- In order to guarantee a transparent overview of the funded articles, these may be uploaded and archived on Qucosa, the document repository of the University Library.
- The TU Bergakademie Freiberg will take part in the Open APC Project. The costs for open access publishing should be made available transparently. For this purpose, we transmit the gross APCs and DOIs paid for the publications funded by the fund once a year. By submitting a funding application, you declare your consent to this disclosure on behalf of all authors.
How to apply
- A formal check of the request in advance as to whether an open access publication can be financed through the publication fund is possible but not mandatory. A binding commitment to finance cannot be given in advance.
- As soon as the article has been accepted for publication, you can submit a funding application to the Publication Fund using our web form. We check whether the requirements are met. You will receive feedback on the formal eligibility of your application as soon as possible. The commitment is always made subject to the availability of funds at the time of invoicing and is only valid for the current calendar year.
- Please inform the publisher of the correct billing address and insert the following notice into the article: "Open Access Funding by the Publication Fund of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg."
Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg
Universitätsbibliothek "Georgius Agricola"
Team Zeitschriften und E-Medien
The invoice should contain all necessary mandatory (see leaflet) and the following information:
- Title and author/s of the article
- Publisher and journal
- For invoices from abroad (EU countries and third countries): Net invoice stating the value-added tax number of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg (VAT: DE 141136178)
Martina Obst, Simone Peschel
Telefon / Phone +49 3731 39-4327
ermub [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de