Master Technology and Application of Inorganic Engineering Materials (TAIEM)
|Faculty||Fakultät 4 - Maschinenbau, Verfahrens- und Energietechnik|
|Degree||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Standard period of study||4 Semester|
|Start of studies||Wintersemester|
Bachelor degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Natural Sciences or similar fields.
English language proficiency: TOEFL 87 points internet based test, 213 points computer based test, 550 points paper based tests; IELTS 6.0 overall score or equivalent language certificate
|Application deadline||15 March|
The Inorganic Engineering Materials such as steel and ceramics cover all the strategic industries and are key materials for transport section, energy technology, machine and plant construction, building industry. The true understanding of mechanical, thermal, chemical, and functional properties at nano-, micro- and macro-levels followed by the chemical and physical interactions at interfaces/surfaces of the inorganic engineering materials is an unlimited tool for their continuous development and technology optimization.
In the first semester core modules on metallic, ceramic and refractory materials, thermodynamics and mechanics of materials, plus trainings in particle technology and fluid dynamics are held. In the second and third semester there are more advanced modules and further skills training in technology and applications of materials and simulation of metallurgical processes. Furthermore the students learn via laboratory and practical courses to apply the theoretical knowledge in real applications. The fourth semester is designated for the Master thesis. Download Curriculum
Iron and steelmaking industry, metal processing industry, ceramic and refractory industry, recycling and extractive industry, universities and research institutions.
How to apply
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Natural Sciences or similar fields
- English language proficiency: TOEFL 87 points internet based test, 213 points computer based test, 550 points paper based tests; IELTS 6.0 overall score or equivalent language certificate. This does not apply to applicants from abroad whose national language is English.
Application for the winter semester 2021/2022
The application is made in two steps:
- Going through a pre-selection process via online registration
The online registration for 2021 is open from the first of January 2021.
- Sending the application documents: If you have successfully passed the pre-selection, you will receive an acceptance confirmation by e-mail. In this you will be asked to submit the actual application. In this case, please proceed as follows.
Application after successful preselection
If the mail service in your country doesn't operate reliably due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you can apply by e-mail.
In this case, please include all application documents in one single pdf-file and name the file after the following pattern:
Send the application file to the e-mail address of the Admissions Office zulassungsbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de before the application deadline 15 April 2021.
Please arrange the required documents in the pdf file in the following order:
- Application for Admission
- Bachelor´s certificate with Transcript of Records
- if applicable: Master´s degree with Transcript of Records
- if applicable (applicants from India): Diploma Degree with Transcript of Records
- Proof of English language proficiency: IELTS or TOEFL certificate
- Letter of Interest for Joining the International Master Program, maximum 1 page
- Acceptance e-mail confirming your pre-selection
Note that you shall not send any recommendation letters or non-academic certificates.
You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your application by e-mail within two weeks. It will contain your application number which you should state in all further correspondence with our university.
We receive numerous applications. Please note that there may be delays in processing your application and even a rejection if your application documents are incomplete or if your application deviates in any other way from the specifications described here. In your own interest, please make every effort to implement the above specifications in the best possible way.
Regularly, the application documents have to be send by mail to the Admission Office. The address is:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg