Master Technology and Application of Inorganic Engineering Materials (TAIEM)
|Faculty||Fakultät 4 - Maschinenbau, Verfahrens- und Energietechnik|
|Degree||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Standard period of study||4 Semester|
|Start of studies||Winter semester|
Bachelor degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Natural Sciences or similar fields.
English language proficiency: TOEFL 87 points internet based test, 213 points computer based test, 550 points paper based tests; IELTS 6.0 overall score or equivalent language certificate
|Application deadline||If visa required: 30 April, without visa process: 15 July|
The Inorganic Engineering Materials such as steel and ceramics cover all the strategic industries and are key materials for transport section, energy technology, machine and plant construction, building industry. The true understanding of mechanical, thermal, chemical, and functional properties at nano-, micro- and macro-levels followed by the chemical and physical interactions at interfaces/surfaces of the inorganic engineering materials is an unlimited tool for their continuous development and technology optimization.
In the first semester core modules on metallic, ceramic and refractory materials, thermodynamics and mechanics of materials, plus trainings in particle technology and fluid dynamics are held. In the second and third semester there are more advanced modules and further skills training in technology and applications of materials and simulation of metallurgical processes. Furthermore the students learn via laboratory and practical courses to apply the theoretical knowledge in real applications. The fourth semester is designated for the Master thesis.
Iron and steelmaking industry, metal processing industry, ceramic and refractory industry, recycling and extractive industry, universities and research institutions.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Natural Sciences or similar fields
- English language proficiency: TOEFL 87 points internet based test, 213 points computer based test, 550 points paper based tests; IELTS 6.0 overall score or equivalent language certificate. This does not apply to applicants from abroad whose national language is English.
- Student Application Form for Foreign Applicants I Additional information to the application form
- Certified copy of higher education certificate (e.g. Bachelor certificate), if necessary along with an officially attested translations into German or English
- Proof of English language proficiency (see Entry requirements)
- Up-to-date passport photo
The Master programme Technology and Application of Inorganic Engineering Materials starts each year in winter semester on 1 October. For the winter semester the following application deadlines apply:
- If visa required : 30 April
- Without visa process: 15 July
The application documents have to be send by post to the Admission Office. The address is:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Beratung & Kontakt
Prof. Dr. Olena Volkova
Leipziger Str. 34
+49 3731 39-3100
volkovaiest [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Leipziger Str. 30
+49 3731 39-3094
Karin [dot] Sichonedekanat4 [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Dr. Ing. Dirk Renker
+49 3731 39-2443
renkergi [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de