- Private rental companies in Freiberg
- Help by the International Centre
To find a flat in Freiberg, please ask yourself what kind of accommodation do you prefer:
- A room in one of the dormitories provided by the Student Services Office ("Studentenwerk Freiberg")
- A rented single apartment or
- a room in a flat-sharing community provided by a private rental company?
To get a room in one of the dormitories of the Student Services Office please apply early by using this online form.
Located on campus you can reach the faculty buildings with it's lecture halls, the library and the canteen as well as the city centre on foot. The monthly cost is 180 – 250 Euros per person plus utilities. The monthly rent includes services costs.
For more information please visit the website of the Student Services Office.
Private rental companies in Freiberg
- Wohnpark Gentilly.de (furnished single apartments, starting at 250 Euros per month, utilities included; minimum duration of the rental contract: 1 year)
- www.wg-gesucht.de(furnished and unfurnished).
- Städtische Wohnungsgesellschaft Freiberg/Sa. Aktiengesellschaft (SWG unfurnished apartments).
- Wohnungsgenossenschaft Freiberg eG(unfurnished apartments)
- Wirtschafts- und Immobilienservice Freiberg (WIS)(furnished apartments)
For short stays we recommend the register of accomodation for hotels and guesthouses in the Freiberg area.
Apartment offers for shorter stays
Finding a short term accommodation
- Via Airbnb (which is available as app for smartphones) individuals provide short term accommodation for a rather low price, website: https://www.airbnb.de/s/FreibergSachs--Freiberg
- hometogo.de/Freiberg is a search engine for pensions, holiday apartments and hotels in Freiberg and the surrounding area
Living in Freiberg/Germany – What you should know
Service charges - Additional payments for water consumption, heating and electricity
The prices of private landlords are usually indicated without additional costs (the so-called cold rent). The additional expenses for ancillary costs are usually between 1.50 and 2.00 euros per square meter. The additional costs are usually paid monthly as a lump sum in addition to the cold rent. With the annual additional costs final account one pays either money after (with higher consumption) or receives money back from the landlord (with lower consumption).
For rooms in student halls of residence and in private accommodation, a deposit must usually be paid when moving in. This deposit is returned after moving out if the room or apartment is returned in proper condition.
Within two weeks of moving into an apartment in Freiberg, every student must register officially at the responsible registration office in the Bürgerbüro, Obermarkt 21. Among other things, a so-called "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung" has to be presented. Landlords are obliged to confirm the tenant's move in and out of an apartment in writing within two weeks. The city administration of Freiberg provides a form for the confirmation of the landlord on its website. It must be completed and signed by the landlord. further information: website of the city administration of Freiberg
Help by the International Office
The International Centre helps you to find an accommodation if you haven't got a reservation at the dormitory. You can contact us in this matter by using this e-mail address: accommodation-assistanceiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.