Infrastructure and Centres
The TU Bergakademie Freiberg has excellent equipment and research infrastructure for the scientific fields it represents. In particular, this includes numerous, in some cases globally unique, large-scale research facilities that enable the entire research chain from basic research to technology development to be mapped on an industrial pilot scale. The TU Bergakademie Freiberg is the only university in Europe to operate its own research and teaching mine.
Interfaculty institutions include:
- Research and teaching mine
- ZeHS - Center of Competence “High-temperature processes"
- ZeWaF - Freiberg Water Research Center
- Central Cleanroom Laboratory
- Geoscientific Collections
Large-scale research equipment assigned to individual institutes can be searched in the Large Appliances databse.