Coronavirus: Current measures for study and teaching (as of 17 March)
17 Mar 2020
All measures at a glance:
- The start of attendance events (lectures, exercises etc.) will be postponed to 04.05.2020 at the earliest. Lectures are to be replaced by other digital formats. To this end, students are requested to check the relevant OPAL courses from 6 April 2020. The aim is to be able to provide appropriate courses from 20 April 2020 at the latest.
- The start of classroom teaching in the foreign language courses and the German courses for foreign students will also be postponed until 04 May 2020 at the earliest.
- Written examinations (attendance examinations) will be suspended from 17.03.2020 until further notice. These will be postponed to the summer semester. Corresponding information will be made available to students in good time.
- Oral examinations will also be suspended in principle from 17.03.2020 until further notice. If absolutely necessary, an oral examination may be held in individual cases in consultation with the examiner using digital formats.
- If students require a certificate of their registration for exams or postponement of exams for the purposes of financial aid according to BAföG or third party scholarship providers, you can apply for this by e-mail at studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
- The Admissions and Students Office has basically suspended personal consultation hours and advice. The same applies to the International University Centre. Please refrain from personal visits. Please use telephone and e-mail to contact us.
- For enrolment from abroad, no proof of payment of the semester fee is required until further notice (especially since this fee was regularly paid in person at the payment office by international students). The payment will be made when the situation has eased and the attendance courses have started again.
- It also applies to doctoral defences that will no longer take place after 17.03.2020. In individual cases, an examination on digital formats can be discussed in consultation with the examiner.
- The reading rooms of the University Library will be closed from 14.03.2020 until further notice. The University Library provides information about a lending service, which is primarily intended to serve students who can prove that they are currently working on a Bachelor's/Master's or Diploma thesis.
- University sports will be suspended indefinitely from 14.03.2020.
- The Studentenwerk Freiberg has discontinued personal consultation hours and advice. Information on how to reach them by e-mail and by phone can be found on the website of the Studentenwerk Freiberg.
- The canteen is closed from 19.03.2020 until further notice.
- The Study Information Centre SIZ is closed from 18.03.2020 until further notice.
- Those receiving BAföG grants are referred to the current notice of the Federal Minister of Education and Research Anja Karliczek: https://www.bmbf.de/de/karliczek-keine-nachteile-beim-bafoeg-wegen-corona-11122.html
- The buildings of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg will be closed to the public from 17.03.2020. Professors and employees will be granted access to the buildings by means of their badge/key.