You are a new international student and have arrived in Freiberg? – This is how you have to proceed in order to enrol for studies.
1. Submitting the documents required for enrolment
You have to submit the documents required for enrolment by post to the Admissions Office. Please put the required documents in an envelope with the following recipient address and information on it:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Your applicant number, your last name, your first name
Please submit the following documents for enrolment:
- Application for enrolment with signature (printout Applicant Portal)
- Bachelor's degree and Transcript of Records (original and translation) as officially certified copies or originals
- Master's degree certificate and Transcript of Records (original and translation), if applicable, as an officially certified copy or original
- Proof of English language skills (TOEFL or IELTS according to valid study regulations) as an officially certified copy or original
- Copy of a valid proof of residence (residence permit (if applicable, also copy of additional sheet), passport with visa for studies, passport)
- Information on your current address in Germany, if already available
- Proof of health insurance (insurance certificate), if you already have one. Please apply for an insurance certificate from your health insurance company. This will then be sent to us electronically for enrolment.
If you would like to hand in the documents personally, please use the mailbox (mail slot in the wall, see below) at Akademiestraße 6.
The large, silver mail slot is located to the left of the courtyard entrance at the main university building, not at the actual main entrance.
Please note that scanned copies of your educational certificates are not accepted and sending them by e-mail is therefore not possible.
Sending by e-mail
You can submit the scanned copy of your visa and information about your address in Germany by e-mail. Please use zulassungsbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de with the subject: "immatriculation_ws_YOUR-APPLICANTS-NUMBER_YOUR-NAME".
Personal enrolment is only possible in exceptional cases during the office hours of the Admissions Office (Tuesdays: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) and by individual arrangement (zulassungsbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de).
Paying the semester fee
If you have not yet paid the semester fee (and, if applicable, a second tuition fee), please transfer the amount to the following bank account. Please do not forget to include your name and applicant number, otherwise the money cannot be assigned to any person.
Recipient: Hauptkasse Sachsen
IBAN: DE22 8600 0000 0086 0015 22
BIC: MARK DEF1 860
Credit institution: Deutsche Bundesbank
Amount: 94.00 € (+ if applicable second study fee of 300.00 €)
Reason for payment: applicant number, surname, first name
Once your documents and payment have been received in full by the Admissions Office, you will be enrolled.
The International Office will then give you an appointment by e-mail to pick up your enrolment documents. At this date you will receive your student ID, the certificate of enrolment, your electronic user ID (required for the learning management platform OPAL, among others) and, if applicable, original educational certificates you've submitted to the admissions office before.