Registration lecture series
Objectives of the Lecture Series
EURECA-PRO is starting free online lecture series presented by leading professors and researchers of seven European universities from six countries. The series consists of 14 lectures on the topic "Responsible Consumption and Production".The Lectures are intended to provide an introduction and initial overview of the multi-faceted nature of responsible consumption and production illustrated by the following thematic areas:
- Sustainable Development Goals
- European Union and Culture
- Responsible Mining Approach
- Circular Economy
- Sustainability and Energy Technologies
- Key role of materials in responsible production
Innovative solutions for current issues of society and industry focusing on United Nation Sustainable Development Goal 12 “Responsible Consumption and Production” are drafted.
The lectures are open for all students, researchers and academic staff.
All participants can get a Certificate of Attendance for each lecture.
The lecture series is one part of the module „Introduction to Sustainable Development Goal 12 in its economic, social, environmental and technology dimensions“. Recognition with 5 ECTS credits can be granted if 11 lectures are attended, an online test is taken at the end and a study paper is written. The paper should comprise 10 pages and show the student's understanding of SDG 12, describe the major of study and show a research approach towards applications of relevant dimensions of SDG12 to this major. We will send necessary information and conditions of participation until the end of April to anyone who has expressed interest by registering.
- Professor Jan C. Bongaerts, TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- 15th of April 2021, 1 - 2:30 p.m. CET
- The lecture provides an introduction to the subject of responsible consumption and production. The first part deals with theoretical concepts of consumption and the second part contains a definition of responsible production and some case studies on natural resource needs versus recycling, the circular economy and climate neutrality.
- Professor Carsten Drebenstedt, TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- 22th of April 2021, 1 - 2:30 p.m. CET
- To optimize the mining process under considering of both, economic and environmental/social aspects, it is necessary a comprehensive investigation of all processes along the process chain over the life cycle.The lecture "Responsible Mining Approach-Basics and Case Studies" introduces to the basics of the holistic approach and shows elements of the successful implementation along the mining value chain
- MA,MA,Msc Jill C.Deschner-Warner, University of Applied Sciences Mittweida
- 5th of May 2021, 3 p.m. CET
- The lecture "Corporate Social Responsibility" is an introduction into the subject of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). It will provide an overview of was is entailed in the self-regulating business model, the strengths as well as the challenges that are faced. The lecture will also focus on how CSR impacts the world environmentally, socially and economically but also what the future holds for this business model.
- Prof.Krzysztof Pikon
- 11th of May 2021, 9 Am. CET
- The lecture will introduce students to the concept of the circular economy showing general background and urgent need of its implementation.
It will deliver basic knowledge on circular economy goals, priority areas, principles and tools. Additionally EU regulations related to circular economy as well as environmental, social and economic benefits from CE implementation together with some examples of successful implementation will be presented.
Further lectures will be announced soon.
We kindly ask to register for the lecture(s). You will get all information on access via E-Mail.