Travelling to Freiberg
Traveling by plane, train or bus
- omio.com: Train, bus, plane – search it with one platform
- verkehrsmittelvergleich.de: compare prices of train, bus, plane and carpooling
- bahn.de: From all German airports you can reach Freiberg by train. Freiberg is well integrated in the public rail network. It lays on the track Dresden-Hof. At least once per hour trains arrive and leave the train station in Freiberg coming and going from/to Dresden or Chemnitz. Search for your suiteable train connection directly on the website of Deutsche Bahn AG.
- busradar.com: Intercity bus search engine; long distance buses have become a reasonable alternative to train travels. Between many European cities a bus line network has been established. Find the best offer, see price, departure and arrival time at a glance.
Important note: Before you arrive, please inform your mentor of your arrival time so that, among other things, you can receive your dormitory or flat keys. Please avoid arriving on the weekend or late in the evening. Otherwise, it is very likely that you will have to spend the first nights in a hotel.
Traveling by car
Freiberg is located between Dresden and Chemnitz. Each of these cities lies approximately 40 km away from Freiberg.
From the A4 motorway (exit Siebenlehn) you drive about 17 km on the federal road 101 to Freiberg (follow the signs to Freiberg).
Notes: In Germany, there are no road or motorway tolls. Leaded gasoline is not available. Free parking is available near the student dormitories.
- International students
- Virtual Preparation Course
- Study programmes
- Refugees as prospective students
- ERASMUS+ programme
- Doctoral students
- Before studying
- While studying
- Living in Freiberg
- Going abroad
- International Cooperations
- International Centre