General Language Courses
These courses are mainly for students who need German as part of their studies (e.g. IMRE, IBDEM; GWM; CMS; MoRE, AMRD, MPE, MMT). Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive 4 ECTS credits.
For the winter semester 2019/20 the following levels will be offered:
In the German courses that are part of the curriculum, any adult can participate. The courses are free of charge for enrolled students and PhD students of TU Bergakademie Freiberg. For employees of the University and guests, a course fee of 290 EUR will be charged. The participation of employees of the University and guests depends on availability of places.
If you wish to participate in a German language course, please register online with the form below and check which course level you are planning to pursue. Registration will be possible starting October 1 until October 10, 2019, 1 pm.
Registration closed. If you haven't registered yet, please come to the IUZ/language department (Prüferstr.2, 3rd floor) on Monday October 14th, 2019 between 8 am and 1 pm.
Having successfully registered online, please enrol in person for the German language course of your choice and pick up your confirmation of enrolment on October 11, 2019 at the International Center/Language Department, Prüferstraße 2, SPQ 1402. We have reserved the following time slots
|For courses at A1 level:||8.30 - 10.30 am|
|For B1, B2 and German for Engineers courses:||10.30 am - 12.30 pm|
|For courses at A2 level:||1.30 - 3.30 pm|
|PhD students, employees of TU Freiberg and guests:||3.30 - 5 pm|
Please note that the number of participants per course is limited to 20. We enrol on a first come first served basis. Students in degree programs with German language as mandatory or elective courses are given priority.
If the courses, that you have selected, are already fully booked, we put you on a waiting list and invite you to the course via mail as soon as a place becomes available.
In your first class, please submit your confirmation of enrolment to your instructor.
If you have already passed a German language exam at TU Freiberg, you may directly enrol for the next course level.
In case you
- have not yet passed a German language exam at TU Freiberg or
- are beginning your studies at TU Freiberg this winter semester and have already some knowledge of German (minimum A1 level)
enrolment for all courses above A1 level is subject to a placement test. The test can be taken on October 11, 2019 between 10 am and 4 pm at the International Center/ Language Department, Prüferstraße 2, SPQ 1403.
- Without online registration and personal course enrolment, participation in a German language course will not be allowed.
- If you have participated in a German language course at TU Freiberg in the past semester(s) but your attendance rate was below 60%, direct enrolment will not be possible, instead you will be put on a waiting list.
- In case of unexcused absence during the first week of the course, your enrolment will be invalidated and your place in the course will be reassigned.
- In case of late arrival, please contact us at deutschkurseiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de and come and see us on October 14, 2019 between 8 am and 1 pm at the International Center/ Language Department, Prüferstraße 2, 3rd floor.