Erasmus+ Study in Programme Countries
Within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, as an enrolled student of TU Bergakademie Freiberg you have the opportunity to study for 3 - 12 months at one of our European partner university.
The following countries participate in this programme: all 28 EU states as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, Northern Macedonia, Serbia and also Turkey. You cannot do Erasmus in the country of your home institution, so Erasmus+ Study and Erasmus+ Internship in Germany is not allowed.
Advantages of studying abroad
- academic recognition of studies abroad
- Exemption from tuition fees at the host university
- Support for additional costs incurred abroad
- Support in preparation (cultural, linguistic, organisational)
- Special grants for students with children
- Special grants for students with disabilities
One of the requirements is a completed inter-institutional Erasmus+-Agreement between TU Bergakademie Freiberg and the respective partner university in your area of studies. At the TU Bergakademie Freiberg there are currently more than 100 such agreements.
What does Erasmus+ offer?
- Complete waiver of tuition fees at the host university
- Intensive support at home and host university
- Linguistic preparation
- Recognition of credits from abroad
- Mobility Grant in 3 country categories (minimum EUR 250 in country category 1 (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, UK); minimum EUR 200 in country category 2 (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain), ; minimum EUR 150 in country category 3 (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Northern Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey)
List of exchange places/ partner universities
All students enrolled at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg can participate in the Erasmus+ programme. In addition to Germans and nationals of a country participating in the programme (see above), nationals of third countries who complete a (full) course of study at TU Bergakademie Freiberg leading to a recognised degree can also participate in the Erasmus+ programme. Incoming exchange students are not eligible for an Erasmus+ grant.
The list of study places at the host universities is published annually around December. You can then apply for the following academic year by 28 February. Any remaining places can be allocated later. An inquiry at the IUZ is always worthwhile.
For further information please refer to the "Steps to apply for ERASMUS+ 2020/21".
The application is done in 2 steps:
- application at TU BAF
- after confirmation or nomination by the IUZ: application at host university
The application package consists of:
- Transcript of Records (‘ECTS-Leistungsübersicht‘ from self-service portal or Transcript of Records from previous education)
- copy of your language certificate (TOEFL or equivalent)
- Study Plan (list of planned courses/modules at the partner university)
- current proof of enrolment (‘Immatrikulationsbescheinigung’ from self-service portal)
- short CV and a passport photo
The official nomination at the host university is made by the IUZ after the programme coordinator for the desired host institution has approved the application. After that, you have to register and apply independently at this host institution. Please download all information and forms from the homepage of the host university. In addition, a transcript in English is usually also required.
With the nomination you are automatically eligible for an Erasmus+ scholarship. You will receive timely information about the formalities necessary in connection with the payment of the scholarship.
The Erasmus+ programme requires the recognition of academic achievements!
You are obliged to sign a Learning Agreement with the host university before the beginning of the semester abroad. This agreement will be signed by the chairperson of the examination board of your course and by the relevant departments of your host university. It gives you the certainty that the courses you wish to take abroad will be offered at all and that they will be recognized at TU Bergakademie. Should you find out after the beginning of your semester abroad that you have to change something in the learning agreement (e.g. because of overlapping courses or because the level is not appropriate) this is of course possible. Please contact your supervisor/dean of studies in Freiberg again. After you have completed your studies abroad, please submit an application for recognition of your credits to the examination board of your degree programme and enclose the transcript of records you received from your host institution.
The Learning Agreement is divided into various sub-documents. You can find an overview here.
- BEFORE the mobility 2020/21 (Part I A+B)
- DURING the mobility 2019/20 (Part II)
- DURING the mobility 2020/21 (Part II)
- AFTER the mobility 2019/20 (Part III)
Please also use the guide for filling out the Learning Agreement.
Students going abroad for an ERASMUS+ stay can complete the Learning Agreement in the online portal after nomination.
Funding depends on the country group of your target country and is calculated to the day (30 days = 1 month).
Funding rates 2019/20 and 2020/21
- Group 1: EUR 450,00 per month (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, UK)
- Group 2: EUR 390,00/month (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain)
- Group 3: 330,00 EUR/month (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Northern Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey)
Note: The grant is usually paid in two instalments. The first instalment is paid at the beginning of the stay, provided that the necessary documents are submitted in time. The second installment is paid after the stay if the following documents have been submitted or processed: completed confirmation of stay, EU online survey and second OLS language test. For stays of more than two semesters, payment is made in three instalments, a second instalment is paid additionally during the stay.
Please note that we reserve the right not to pay the second installment in case of missing documents.
Multiple funding: Each student is entitled to 12 months of Erasmus+ 'quota' per study level (BA/ MA/ doctorate), or 24 months in Diplom courses. The 'quota' can be used individually for Erasmus+ (internship and/or studies).
Responsible persons for Erasmus+ at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Erasmus+ University Coordinator (Institutional Coordinator):
- Michaela Luft, IUZ
For Faculties 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6, the following Erasmus+ coordinators have been appointed
- Faculty 1: Prof. Dr. Michael Reissig
- Faculty 2: Dr. Jürgen Seidel
- Faculty 3: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Schulz
- Faculty 5: Dr. Dirk Renker
- Faculty 6: Prof. Dr. Johannes Stephan
In Faculty 4, the following university members are responsible for the respective Erasmus+ agreements (see also Erasmus+ call for proposals)
- Prof. Dr A. Ams, Kathrin Häußler, Prof. Dr Urs Peuker, Uta Ballaschk, Prof. Dr Christian Hasse, Dr Reinhard Seyfarth, Dr Egle Dietzen, Prof. Dr Christos Aneziris
Special needs support
You may also do an Erasmus+ Internship.
For further information please refer to the information leaflet.