Application double degree programme
This web page offers information for students from partner universities of TU Bergakademie Freiberg in a double degree programme taught in German language. Applicants can find the necessary information here.
- The application process
- After the application
- While studying
Already with the application, the applicant must prove his/her knowledge of German at level B1 or higher. Please send a B1 language certificate from the Goethe-Institut or a comparable recognised language school together with your application documents to the International Office.
Proof of knowledge of German at level B1 entitles all double-degree candidates to take part in a free, one-semester intensive German course for levels B2 and C1. The course concludes with the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH). The successful passing of this examination with the result DSH-2 or higher is an indispensable prerequisite for the continuation of studies at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg in the double degree programme.
If you have one of the following certificates, you do not have to take the DSH examination:
- German Language Diploma of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs - Level II (DSD II); in German: Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz – Stufe II (DSD II)
- "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung" (ZOP) of the Goethe-Institut
- Small German Language Diploma or Big German Language Diploma (in German: "Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom" oder "Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom")
- Test "Deutsch als Fremdsprache" (Test DaF), level 4 in all sub-areas
- examination German as part of the assessment test ("Feststellungsprüfung")
To apply at TU Bergakademie Freiberg, please fill and send us the following documents:
- Application form: Completed form "Application for admission for exchange students" including the confirmation of your nomination that has to be signed by the responsible person for the programme at your university
- Bachelor certificate including Transcript of Records
- Current Transcript of Records
- Proof of necessary language skills according to the double degree programme*
- 1 passport photo
- For double degree programmes taught in German: Proof of German language skills: DSH-2 or equivalent language certificate, but at least German B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- For double degree programmes taught in English: Proof of English language skills through TOEFL (at least 90 points) or an equivalent language certificate
- For the Double Master's Programme "Geomatics" only: In addition to English language skills (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 90 or equivalent certificate), German language skills at level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages must be proven, exceptionally at least German A2 at the time of application
Each application document has to be in German or English language. If not, a certified translation into German or English is required in addition to the original documents.
Each double degree programme regularly starts in winter semester on 1 October. Unless otherwise stated, the application deadline is 01 May.
Please send your application documents by e-mail to torsten [dot] mayeriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de or by mail to this address:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Deutschland / Germany
Please do also apply for a room in one of the dormitories in Freiberg by filling the online form at https://studentenwerk-freiberg.de/freiberg/wohnen/onlineantrag/. The form is available in English.
- The prices for a single room in the dormitory range from 160 € to 300 €.
- The deposit of app. two months' rent will be returned when you move out.
- Cooking facilities are available
- Cutlery, pots and dishes can be bought at the accommodation office
- Pillows, blankets and linens may also be bought for a reasonable price
- For hygienic reasons, each student must bring own towels
- Fast internet connection is available in the dormitories, the cost is included in the rent.
More information at www.studentenwerk-freiberg.de
The double degree programme starts each winter semester on 01 October. The German language intensive course starts earlier than the lecture period. Therefore it is necessary to travel to Freiberg no later than 01 October.
As a special service for new arriving international students the International Office with the help of voluntary students offer the Buddy programme. A buddy will help you to deal with formalities and to get familiar with Freiberg, the University and campus life. A buddy can be of great help to you by…
- picking you up from the railway station,
- collecting the keys to your room from the Students’ Services (Studentenwerk),
- helping you during first formalities at the University, in the city hall and at the foreign authority (Ausländerbehörde) if necessary,
- helping you to find an appropriate health insurance if necessary.
If you are interested, please contact our coordinator: mentoriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
This service is free of charge.
More information at: http://tu-freiberg.de/en/international/buddy-programme
Please make sure that you have adequate insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Germany. Proof of health insurance is required upon enrolment. You may conclude an insurance contract after the arrival in Germany.
At the beginning of each semester you have to pay a 94,00 € semester fee. This is not a tuition fee. 87 € of this will be used by student services organisation (Studentenwerk) and 7 € by student council.
3. While studying
Breakfast, Lunch and dinner (between 2 and 3 €) are available in the cafeteria on campus.
- Winter semester 2019/2020
- Duration: 01 October 2019 – 31 March 2020
- Lecture period: 14 October 2019 – 20 December 2019
- Exam registration period: 25 November 2019 – 12 December 2019
- Exam period: 10 February 2020 – 20 March 2020
- Summer semester 2020
- Duration: 01 April 2020 – 30 September 2020
- Lecture period: 06 April 2020 – 17 July 2020
The classroom teaching starts at the earliest on 04 May. From 06 April, at the latest on 20 April, the digital teaching at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg starts. Please check the websites of the chairs or the information on OPAL in time.
- Exam registration period: 25 May 2020 – 11 June 2020
- Exam period: 20 July 2020 – 28 August 2020
The complete academic calendar can be found at this web page: http://tu-freiberg.de/studium/rund-ums-studium/studienjahresablauf (in German language)
Akademiestraße 6, room EG.07 (ground floor)
Phone +49 3731 39 2625
Fax +49 3731 39 3659
ingrid [dot] langeiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Support of international students in exchange programmes (Erasmus, Double Degree, from partner universities)
Akademiestraße 6, room EG.21 (ground floor)
Phone +49 3731 39 3191
Fax +49 3731 39 3659
Torsten [dot] Mayeriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Office hours
- Tue: 10 AM - 12 noon and 2 PM to 4 PM
- Thu: 2 PM - 4 PM
- and by appointment
After you applied successfully, you will receive the Admission Letter of TU Bergakademie Freiberg, issued by the Admissions Office. After your arrival in Freiberg you have to visit the office to enrol.
The address, office hours and contact data of the Admissions Office are:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Office hours: Monday to Thursday, 12.30 p. m. – 3.30 p. m.
- Ms Isabel Ruppert Office: Akademiestr. 2, room EG13
Phone: +49 3731 39 3531
E-mail: Isabel [dot] Ruppertzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Ms Cindy Wolf Office: Akademiestr. 2, room EG13
Phone: Phone: +49 3731 39 2713
E-mail: Cindy [dot] Wolfzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de