Double degree programmes
- Language proficiency
- Application documents
- Application deadline
- Application address
- Health insurance
- Dining hall
- Buddy programme
- Important dates of the academic year 2018/2019
- Semester fee
Already with the application, the applicant must prove his/her knowledge of German at level B1 or higher. Please send a B1 language certificate from the Goethe-Institut or a comparable recognised language school together with your application documents to the International Office.
Proof of knowledge of German at level B1 entitles all double-degree candidates to take part in a free, one-semester intensive German course for levels B2 and C1. The course concludes with the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH). The successful passing of this examination with the result DSH-2 or higher is an indispensable prerequisite for the continuation of studies at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg in the double degree programme.
If you have one of the following certificates, you do not have to take the DSH examination:
- German Language Diploma of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs - Level II (DSD II); in German: Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz – Stufe II (DSD II)
- "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung" (ZOP) of the Goethe-Institut
- Small German Language Diploma or Big German Language Diploma (in German: "Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom" oder "Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom")
- Test "Deutsch als Fremdsprache" (Test DaF), level 4 in all sub-areas
- examination German as part of the assessment test ("Feststellungsprüfung")
To apply at TU Bergakademie Freiberg, please fill and send us the following documents:
- Application form: Completed form "Application for admission for exchange students" including the confirmation of your nomination that has to be signed by the responsible person for the programme at your university
- Proof of any university degree already completed (e. g. Bachelor certificate)
- Proof of German language proficiency of level B1 or above after the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Current Transcript of Records
- 1 passport photo
Each application document has to be in German or English language. If not, a certified translation into German or English is required in addition to the original documents.
Each double degree programme regularly starts in winter semester on 1 October. Unless otherwise stated, the application deadline is 01 May.
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Deutschland / Germany
Please make sure that you have adequate insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Germany. Proof of health insurance is required upon enrolment. You may conclude an insurance contract in Germany.
Please apply for a room in one of the dormitories in Freiberg by filling the online form at https://studentenwerk-freiberg.de/freiberg/wohnen/onlineantrag/. The form is available in English.
- The prices for a single room in the dormitory range from 160 € to 300 €.
- The deposit of app. two months' rent will be returned when you move out.
- Cooking facilities are available
- Cutlery, pots and dishes can be bought at the accommodation office
- Pillows, blankets and linens may also be bought for a reasonable price
- For hygienic reasons, each student must bring own towels
- Fast internet connection is available in the dormitories, the cost is included in the rent.
More information at www.studentenwerk-freiberg.de
Breakfast, Lunch and dinner (between 2 and 3 €) are available in the cafeteria on campus.
As a special service for new arriving international students the International Centre and students of TU Bergakademie Freiberg offer the Buddy programme – a volunteer system of students caring for new students. A buddy will help you to get familiar with Freiberg, the University and campus life. A buddy can be of great help to you by…
- picking you up from the railway station,
- collecting the keys to your room from the Students’ Services (Studentenwerk),
- helping you during first formalities at the University, in the city hall and at the foreign authority (Ausländerbehörde) if necessary,
- helping you to find an appropriate health insurance if necessary.
If you are interested, please contact our coordinator: mentoriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
This service is free of charge.
More information at: http://tu-freiberg.de/en/international/buddy-programme
- Winter semester 2018-2019
- Duration: 01 October 2018 – 31 March 2019
- Lecture period: 15 October 2018 – 08 February 2019
- Exam period: 11 February 2019 – 22 March 2019
- Summer semester 2019
- Duration: 01 April 2019 – 30 September 2019
- Lecture period: 01 April 2018 – 12 July 2019
- Exam period:15 July 2019 – 23 August 2019
The complete academic calendar can be found at this web page: http://tu-freiberg.de/studium/rund-ums-studium/studienjahresablauf (in German language)
At the beginning of each semester you have to pay a 84,00 € semester fee. This is not a tuition fee. 77 € of this will be used by student services organisation (Studentenwerk) and 7 € by student council.
Akademiestraße 6, room EG.07 (ground floor)
Phone +49 3731 39 2625
Fax +49 3731 39 3659
ingrid [dot] langeiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Services for exchange students from abroad (Erasmus, Double Degree, from partner universities)
New:Akademiestraße 6, room EG.21 (ground floor)
Phone +49 3731 39 3191
Fax +49 3731 39 3659
Torsten [dot] Mayeriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Office hours
- Tue: 10 AM - 12 noon and 2 PM to 4 PM
- Thu: 2 PM - 4 PM
- and by appointment
After you applied successfully, you will receive the Admission Letter of TU Bergakademie Freiberg, issued by the Admissions Office. After your arrival in Freiberg you have to visit the office to enrol.
The address, office hours and contact data of the Admissions Office are:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Office hours: Monday to Thursday, 12.30 p. m. – 3.30 p. m.
Ms Isabel Ruppert Office: Akademiestr. 2, room EG13
Phone: +49 3731 39 3531
E-mail: Isabel [dot] Ruppertzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Ms Cindy Wolf Office: Akademiestr. 2, room EG13
Phone: Phone: +49 3731 39 2713
E-mail: Cindy [dot] Wolfzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- International students
- Going abroad
- International Cooperations
- International Centre