Application double degree programme
This web page offers information for students from partner universities of TU Bergakademie Freiberg in a double degree programme taught in German language. Applicants can find the necessary information here.
- The application process
- After the application
- While studying
In order to obtain a degree in a degree programme taught in German-language you must have an advanced knowledge of German. This has to be proven with a specific German language examination (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang – DSH). The result of the test needs to be DSH-2 or higher.
You are not required to to take the DSH examination if one of the following cases applies to you:
- You have the certificate German Language Diploma (Level II) from the German Standing Conference of Ministres of Education and Culture.
- You have the certificate Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS).
- You have the certificate German as a Foreign Language Test – Test DaF with the result intermediate level (TDN 4) in all four sections.
- You have the certificate telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule.
- You completed your Abitur in Germany or you have passed the German language section of the Qualification Assessment Examination (Feststellungsprüfung at the Studienkolleg).
If you do not have the required German language skills at the time of application, please contact the International Office of TU Bergakademie Freiberg for further information.
To apply at TU Bergakademie Freiberg, please fill and send us the following documents:
- Application form: Completed form "Application for admission for exchange students" including the confirmation of your nomination that has to be signed by the responsible person for the programme at your university
- Bachelor certificate including Transcript of Records
- Current Transcript of Records
- Proof of necessary language skills according to the double degree programme*
- 1 passport photo
- For double degree programmes taught in German: Proof of German language skills: DSH-2 or equivalent language certificate, but at least German B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- For double degree programmes taught in English: Proof of English language skills through TOEFL (at least 90 points) or an equivalent language certificate
- For the Double Master's Programme "Geomatics" only: In addition to English language skills (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 90 or equivalent certificate), German language skills at level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages must be proven, exceptionally at least German A2 at the time of application
Each application document has to be in German or English language. If not, a certified translation into German or English is required in addition to the original documents.
Each double degree programme regularly starts in winter semester on 1 October. Unless otherwise stated, the application deadline is 01 May.
Please send your application documents by e-mail to torsten [dot] mayeriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de or by mail to this address:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Deutschland / Germany
Please do also apply for a room in one of the dormitories in Freiberg by filling the online form at https://studentenwerk-freiberg.de/freiberg/wohnen/onlineantrag/. The form is available in English.
- The prices for a single room in the dormitory range from 160 € to 300 €.
- The deposit of app. two months' rent will be returned when you move out.
- Cooking facilities are available
- Cutlery, pots and dishes can be bought at the accommodation office
- Pillows, blankets and linens may also be bought for a reasonable price
- For hygienic reasons, each student must bring own towels
- Fast internet connection is available in the dormitories, the cost is included in the rent.
More information at www.studentenwerk-freiberg.de
The double degree programme starts each winter semester on 01 October. The German language intensive course starts earlier than the lecture period. Therefore it is necessary to travel to Freiberg no later than 01 October.
As a special service for new arriving international students the International Office with the help of voluntary students offer the Buddy programme. A buddy will help you to deal with formalities and to get familiar with Freiberg, the University and campus life. A buddy can be of great help to you by…
- picking you up from the railway station,
- collecting the keys to your room from the Students’ Services (Studentenwerk),
- helping you during first formalities at the University, in the city hall and at the foreign authority (Ausländerbehörde) if necessary,
- helping you to find an appropriate health insurance if necessary.
If you are interested, please contact our coordinator: mentoriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
This service is free of charge.
More information at: http://tu-freiberg.de/en/international/buddy-programme
Please make sure that you have adequate insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Germany. Proof of health insurance is required upon enrolment. You may conclude an insurance contract after the arrival in Germany.
At the beginning of each semester you have to pay a 94,00 € semester fee. This is not a tuition fee. 87 € of this will be used by student services organisation (Studentenwerk) and 7 € by student council.
3. While studying
Breakfast, Lunch and dinner (between 2 and 3 €) are available in the cafeteria on campus.
- Winter semester 2019/2020
- Duration: 01 October 2019 – 31 March 2020
- Lecture period: 14 October 2019 – 20 December 2019
- Exam registration period: 25 November 2019 – 12 December 2019
- Exam period: 10 February 2020 – 20 March 2020
- Summer semester 2020
- Duration: 01 April 2020 – 30 September 2020
- Lecture period: 06 April 2020 – 17 July 2020
The classroom teaching starts at the earliest on 04 May. From 06 April, at the latest on 20 April, the digital teaching at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg starts. Please check the websites of the chairs or the information on OPAL in time.
- Exam registration period: 25 May 2020 – 11 June 2020
- Exam period: 20 July 2020 – 28 August 2020
The complete academic calendar can be found at this web page: http://tu-freiberg.de/studium/rund-ums-studium/studienjahresablauf (in German language)
Deputy Erasmus University Coordinator
Akademiestraße 6, room EG.07 (ground floor)
Phone +49 3731 39 2625
ingrid [dot] langeiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Support of international students in exchange programmes (Double Degree, from partner universities) and guest scientists from abroad
Akademiestraße 6, room EG.21 (ground floor)
Torsten [dot] Mayeriuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
On-site consultation hour
Tuesday, 11 a.m. - 12 noon
Online consultation hours by arrangement
Team Assistant / Cross-functional tasks Coordination of DAAD Exchange Programmes (such as PROMOS, KOSPIE, ERASMUS+ with incoming students from partner countries - KA 103)
Akademiestraße 6, room EG.20
Telephone +49 3731 39-2651
marcus [dot] dietrichzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
After you applied successfully, you will receive the Admission Letter of TU Bergakademie Freiberg, issued by the Admissions Office. After your arrival in Freiberg you have to visit the office to enrol.
The address, office hours and contact data of the Admissions Office are:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Office hours: Monday to Thursday, 12.30 p. m. – 3.30 p. m.
- Ms Isabel Ruppert Office: Akademiestr. 2, room EG13
Phone: +49 3731 39 3531
E-mail: Isabel [dot] Ruppertzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Ms Cindy Wolf Office: Akademiestr. 2, room EG13
Phone: Phone: +49 3731 39 2713
E-mail: Cindy [dot] Wolfzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de