Accommodation in Freiberg
- Private rental companies in Freiberg
- Help by the International Centre
To find a flat in Freiberg, please ask yourself what kind of accommodation do you prefer:
- A room in one of the dormitories provided by the Student Services Office ("Studentenwerk Freiberg")
- A rented single apartment or
- a room in a flat-sharing community provided by a private rental company?
To get a room in one of the dormitories of the Student Services Office please apply early by using this online form.
Located on campus you can reach the faculty buildings with it's lecture halls, the library and the canteen as well as the city centre on foot. The monthly cost is 180 – 250 Euros per person plus utilities. The monthly rent includes services costs.
For more information please visit the website of the Student Services Office.
Finding a short term accommodation
- Via Airbnb (which is available as app for smartphones) individuals provide short term accommodation for a rather low price, website: https://www.airbnb.de/s/FreibergSachs--Freiberg
- hometogo.de/Freiberg is a search engine for pensions, holiday apartments and hotels in Freiberg and the surrounding area
- Wohnpark Gentilly.de (single apartments from 165 Euro plus utilities; the website is available only in German language)
- Städtische Wohnungsgesellschaft Freiberg/Sa. Aktiengesellschaft (SWG)
- Wohnungsgenossenschaft Freiberg eG
- Wirtschafts- und Immobilienservice Freiberg (WIS)
In addition, we recommend this website to find a flat on the private rental market in Freiberg: http://www.wg-gesucht.de/en/wg-zimmer-in-Freiberg.188.8.131.52.html
For short stays we recommend the register of accomodation for hotels and guesthouses in the Freiberg area.
The International Centre helps you to find an accommodation if you haven't got a reservation at the dormitory. You can contact us in this matter by using this e-mail address: accommodation-assistanceiuz [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
- International students
- Virtual Preparation Course
- Study programmes
- Refugees as prospective students
- ERASMUS+ programme
- Doctoral students
- Before studying
- While studying
- Living in Freiberg
- Going abroad
- International Cooperations
- International Centre
The International Office has moved to university main building, Akademiestraße 6/Nonnengasse. The Language Department remains in Prüferstraße 2.
For visitors of the Language Department in Prüferstraße 2: Due to construction work access is currently only possible through university building Schlossplatz 1!