International Freiberg Conference
Since 2005, the IEC has organized the „International Freiberg Conference on IGCC & XtL Technologes“ – a leading international conference addressing a wide range of topics relating to the thermo-chemical conversion of carbonaceous feedstock and related process chains. The event focuses on innovative carbon value chains and the transformation from a linear to a circular carbon economy.
The conference provides a high-level discussion forum to facilitate the exchange of information and expertise between political, industry and scientific stakeholders. Participants come from diverse fields and industrial branches ranging from researchers and specialists engaged in fundamental and applied R&D to policymakers, industry experts from mining companies as well as equipment and technology providers/manufacturers. Previous conferences have been held in various locations in Germany as well as in Inner Mongolia in China. During the conference, studies and new developments by researchers and technology developers as well as current or planned projects and operational experiences by plant operators related to innovative carbon value chains are presented.
Topics for presentations include:
- Fuel preparation and upgrading (e.g. drying, feeding and deashing),
- Low temperature conversion processes (e.g. extraction, torrefaction and pyrolysis),
- Upgrading of low-temperature conversion products (e.g. tar reforming),
- Coal conversion (e.g. characterization, reaction kinetics),
- Gasification/co-gasification (for solid, liquid and gaseous feedstock),
- Underground coal gasification,
- Mineral matter characterization and behavior,
- Synthesis gas treatment and synthesis technologies,
- Carbon dioxide capture, storage and utilization,
- Combined cycle and gas turbine developments for IGCC and polygeneration,
- Coke production,
- Direct liquefaction of coal,
- Integration of coal and renewables for chemical storage,
- Concept evaluations and flow sheet simulation,
- Numerical modeling of conversion processes,
- Perspectives from industry (e.g. coal mining organizations, technology developers),
- Public acceptance, trends and global boundary conditions (economic, regulatory and political) for fuel conversion to chemicals, transportation fuels and electricity.
In addition to a stimulating scientific conference program, the event also includes exciting technical tours such as visits to lignite mines, innovative and modern R&D facilities, power plants, XtL facilities and chemical plants etc. During the tours, participants not only obtain first-hand experience of the facilities, they also have the opportunity to engage experts and industry specialists on-site in intensive discussion about their activities. Last but not least, the conference program also consists of interesting social events (e.g. welcome reception, conference dinner, walking tours etc.) which are dedicated to facilitating networking and interaction between conference participants.
The 10th International Freiberg Conference on IGCC & XtL Technologies which will take place in Shanghai, China, is jointly organized by the Institute of Energy Process Engineering and Chemical Engineering from the TU Bergakademie Freiberg (Freiberg, Germany), the Institute of Clean Coal Technology from the East China University of Science & Technology (Shanghai, China), and Synfuels China Technology Co., Ltd. (Beijing, China). The 2020 conference will focus on one of the key challenges of the 21st century namely the transformation from a linear economy towards a circular carbon economy. We invite you to join us for exchanges about alternative and innovative developments associated with sustainable conversion and utilization of carbon resources as well as challenges and opportunities for carbon intensive industries.
Click http://www.gasification-freiberg.com for more information.