The Krüger-Colloquium is series of events of the Graduierten- und Forschungsakademie (GraFA) at the TU Freiberg. Renowned personalities in science, society and policy will be invited to give presentations about current topics and their work.
The selection of topics for the Krüger-Colloquia is based not only on the key arias of our university - geo, materials, energy and environment - but also on current economic and socio-political problems.
The Krüger-Colloquia are supported by the Dr.-Erich-Krüger-Foundation.
All people who are interested in participation are invited to discuss together with the guest speakers.
- 29th Krüger-Colloquium, 20th of April 2022, 06:00 p.m.
These events will be streamed live starting at 06:00 p.m..
Colloquia in the past
- 28th Krüger-Colloquium on 22nd of January 2020 with Prof. Ralph Watzel, President of the Federal Institute of Geosciences and Natural Resources (Bundesanstalt für Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe)
- 27th Krüger-Colloquium on 27th of November 2019 with Gerhard Lenz, Managing Director of the Rammelsberg visitor mine and Director of the Welterbe Foundation in the Harz
- 26th Krüger-Colloquium on 8th of March 2019 with Prof. Ottmar Ette, Chair of Romance Literature at the University of Potsdam
- 25th Krüger-Colloquium on 16th of January 2019 with Shi Mingde, Chinese ambassador in Germany
- 24rd Krüger-Colloquium on 06th of June 2018 with Dr. Hugo-Maria Schally, Head of Unit DG Environment (Eco-innovation & Circular Economy), European Commission, Brussels
- 23rd Krüger-Colloquium on 16th of May 2018 with Prof. Edgar Hertwich, Yale University in New Haven, USA, Professor of Industrial Sustainability
22nd Krüger-Colloquium on 07th of June 2017 with Prof. Ulrich Schlie, Professor at the Andrássy Universität Budapest
Lehrstuhl für Diplomatie II
- 21th Krüger-Colloquium on 01st of February 2017 with Guido van den Berg, Member of the Landtag of Nordrhein-Westfalen (Member of the Internal Committee and of the Committee for Economy, Energy, Industry, SME's and Craft) tu-freiberg.de/grafa/21st-krueger-colloquium
- 20th Krüger-Colloquium on 19th of October 2016 with Prof. Ottmar Edenhofer, Director of the Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change Berlin and Deputy Director at Potsdam-Institut für Klimafolgenforschung (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research)
- 19th Krüger-Colloquium on 08th of June 2016 with Prof. Markus Reuter, Director of the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology
- 18th Krüger-Colloquium on 27th of April 2016 with Prof. Peter Eigen, Founder and Chairman of Advisory Board Transparency International, CEO of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI)
- 17th Krüger-Colloquium on 21st of October 2015 with Prof. Felix Ekardt, Founder and director of the Research Centre Sustainability and Climate Policy
- 16th Krüger-Colloquium on 27th of May 2015 with Dr. Andreas Förster, Head of Research and Expeditions programme "In the Footsteps of Alexander von Humboldt in Russia"
- 15th Krüger-Colloquium on 11th of February 2015 with Dr. Hartmuth Zeiß, CEO of Vattenfall Europe Mining AG / Europe Generation AG
- 14th Krüger-Colloquium on 14th of January 2015 with Prof. Helmut Schwarz, President of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- 13th Krüger-Colloquium on 22nd of Octobre 2014 with Prof. Christine Silberhorn, Head of the Department of Applied Physics at the University of Paderborn
- 12th Krüger-Colloquium on 25th of June 2014 with Christoph Hein, writer, translator and essayist
- 11th Krüger-Colloquium on 16th of April 2014 with Shi Mingde, Chinese Ambassador to Germany
- 10th Krüger-Colloquium on 09th of April 2014 with Mario Behrendt, CEO of Deutsche Solar GmbH
- 9th Krüger-Colloquium on 04th of December 2013 with Prof. Klaus-Ewald Holst, former CEO of Verbundnetz Gas AG (VNG)
- 8th Krüger-Colloquium on 11th of October 2013 with Prof. Erst Ulrich von Weizsäcker, Member of the Executive Committee of the Club of Rome
- 7th Krüger-Colloquium on 17th of July 2013 with Prof. Klaus Keil, Hawai'i Institute of Geophysics and Planetology
- 6th Krüger-Colloquium on 18th of January 2012 with Prof. Onno Oncken, Director of the Section Lithosphere Dynamics at the Helmholtz Centre Potsdam German GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ)
- 5th Krüger-Colloquium on 07th of December 2011 with Sigmund Jähn (first German cosmonaut) and Thomas Reuter (ESA astronaut, ESA Director of "Manned and Robotic Research")
- 4th Krüger-Colloquium on 18th of May 2011 with Ulrich Grober, journalist, publicist and author
- 3rd Krüger-Colloquium on 27th of April 2011 with Prof. Rolf-Dieter Heuer, Director of CERN
- 2nd Krüger-Colloquium on 10th of November 2010 with Prof. Horst Teltschik, Security Advisor of Chancellor Helmut Kohl
- 1st Krüger-Colloquium on 30th of June 2010 with Prof. Erst Ulrich von Weizsäcker, Member of the Executive Committee of the Club of Rome
These events will be streamed live starting at 06:00 p.m..
Prof. Dr. Klement Tockner, Director General of the Senckenberg Society for Nature Research (Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung)Topic: "an engineered future?" Foto: Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
Prof. Klement Tockner, Director General of the Senckenberg Society for Nature Research (Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung) as of 2021, is responsible for the operational business of the society together with the Board of Directors. His declared goal is to make a forward-looking contribution to meeting the major challenges of the Anthropocene through the holistic geobiodiversity research defined in the research programme. Before that he was President of the Austrian Science Fund FWF.
Klement Tockner’s research interests focus on the dynamics, biodiversity and sustainable management of water bodies. He conducts research at the interface of different disciplines such as ecology, geomorphology and hydrology. In doing so, he combines basic research with application-oriented research and links natural and social science topics. He also advises international research institutions on their strategic development.Source of the text: https://www.senckenberg.de/en/about-us/organisation/director-general/