Teaching and Study
Program of study "Geotechnics and Mining Engineering" for at least 9 semesters graduating with an Engineering Diploma degree as Mining engineer. (Master equivalent)
In total 15 lectures for 11 different study courses are currently offered.
The following links only work within the Intranet of TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
If you can't login please have a look in our module catalogue.
Underground Mining I
Underground Mining II
Underground Mining III
(GtB-Bb, Ma, WIW-RG, MBWL-PE)
Underground Mining Technology
Extraction Basics/ Geotechnical Mining Methods
Blasting/ Mine Ventilation
Special Mining Procedures and Disposal Mining
Fundamentals of Underground Mining Engineering
(GtB-Gt, GtB-BF, Ma, WIW, MVT-AT)
Special Civil Engineering III
(GtB-Stb, MWIW-ISM, MBWL-PE)
- Seminars and Presentations of Industry Partners
- Theoretical and Practical Courses
- Health and Safety
- Mine Rescue (BG RCI – HGRW Leipzig)
- Practical Courses in our experimental Mine "Reiche Zeche"
- Sampling & Mining Methods
- Drilling & Blasting
- Haulage & Hoisting
- Rock bolting & Ventilation
- Mine Rescue exercises
- Field Trips (National, International)
- Student theses with Industry partners
Compact courses for Industry:
- "Mine Ventilation" for mining companies and operators of visitor mines
- "Underground Mining" for manufacturers of mining equipment
- Theoretical and practical advanced qualification for miners from Chile, Thailand and Poland
- European Geotechnical and Environmental Course (EGEC)
- European Mining Course (EMC)
- Student exchange with Universities in Canada, USA, Russia, France, Austria et al.
Cooperation with Schools
College and mining promotion at regional and superregional high-schools.
Enrolment for lectures and courses