AUMUND scholarship program of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg
The AUMUND Fördertechnik GmbH based in Rheinberg at the Niederrhein has been funding students of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg since the winter semester 2014 / 2015 with up to 4 AUMUND scholarships annually!
About the AUMUND scholarship program
The mechanical engineering company AUMUND was founded in 1922 by Prof. Heinrich Aumund, who was also the founder of the first German Institute for Lifting Technology and Materials Handling in Berlin. The current managing partner, Franz-Walter Aumund, continues to extend the tradition of his family by awarding scholarships as a commitment to education, science, and social affairs.
“My grandfather has already stood up for the promotion of employees and students in many ways. The same applies to my father, Günter-Claus Aumund, who was honored in July 1984 by Federal President Karl Carstens for his exemplary achievements in the education sector. I believe that the education and upbringing of young people is the most valuable investment into the future of our society.”
Managing partner of the AUMUND Fördertechnik GmbH
- Applications may be submitted by mechanical engineering students with a relation to materials handling or construction technology in a broader sense.
- Bachelor, Diploma (after the second academic year) as well as Master students are supported.
- The scholarships are granted on the basis of proven outstanding academic achievements. A community engagement exceeding the mere study achievements is considered as well as social aspects in the selection of the scholarship holders.
The scholarship is granted for the duration of one year. An annual extension until the end of the regular period of study can be granted upon presentation of a corresponding renewal application.
- The scholarships are endowed with 580 € per month for the coverage of living expenses. The scholarship is paid out in 12 installments. In addition, a lump-sum of 100 € per month for material costs will be granted.
- The scholarship is also awarded during a semester abroad for up to 6 months.
- Grants from other funding agencies or paid internships will be counted towards the scholarship.
Application and selection process
Applications and renewal applications must be sent to the following address by 31 July of each year:
Chairman of the selection committee for the AUMUND scholarship program
Institute of Mineral Processing Machines
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Please fill out the application form and attach the following documents:
- curriculum vitae
- copy of the university entrance qualification
- Bachelor certificate
- report on the previous course of studies with proof of academic achievements
- favorable opinion of a subject-related professor
The scholarship allocation is done by a selection committee composed of one or more representatives of the Institute of Mineral Processing Machines of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg as well as representatives designated by the AUMUND Fördertechnik GmbH. There is no legal entitlement to the scholarship.