Transfer to Economy
While scientists are particularly interested in the theoretical publication of their academic work, practitioners aim at ready-to-use technologies. The mediation between these two groups is the main task of the Central Transfer Office of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg. This forms a clearly defined interface, in particular to the SMEs of the Saxon economy.
The transfer employees actively represent the TU Bergakademie Freiberg as a provider of ideas and technology to the outside world. They evaluate existing technologies and future inventions in advance and then systematically apply them to commercial exploitation. In this way, sustainable structures are created at the university in order to establish contacts with regional technology purchasers. The input from the regional economy, on the other hand, provides the impetus for further, targeted research activities at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg.
Knowledge and technology transfer at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg means exchange beyond disciplines and institutions. In addition to the transfer assistants, a large number of employees and partners are involved in the transfer. The portfolio of transfer services is correspondingly broad and includes above all the areas:
- Contact point for knowledge and technology transfer
- Advice on research funding and third-party funded research
- Advice on inventions, industrial property rights and their exploitation
- Mediation of offers for further education in higher education
- Promotion of spin-offs
- Development and review of research and development contracts
- Cooperation with the IHK (Chamber of Industry and Commerce) and with business development institutions