EURECA-PRO Week: Introducing opportunities for students and staff
Focus is on the SDG-12 goal of the United Nations "Responsible Production and Consumption". In the near future, the partner universities plan to cooperate closely in higher education and research: New bachelor's, master's and PhD degree programs on sustainability & resource efficiency will be established; researchers working on the SDG-12 goal will be able to network.
During the virtual information week, university members and interested parties will learn what the University Alliance EURECA-PRO has to offer and how they can get involved. The short sessions will take place online from 1 to 3 p.m. each day.
- Monday, July 12: Presentation of the goals of the EURECA-PRO alliance
- Tuesday, July 13: Networking day
- Wednesday, July 14: Workshop on the contribution of TU Bergakademie Freiberg to the SDG-12 goals, especially in the research fields of mining and circular economy
- Thursday, July 15: Lecture on European Values (Prof. Jan. C. Bongaerts)
- Friday, July 16: Panel discussion on the future of higher education in the context of sustainability. The panel includes representatives of the Saxon State Ministry of Science, Culture and Tourism; the National Agency for EU Higher Education Cooperation in the DAAD; the Brussels Representation of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research, the European Commission as well as the central EURECA-PRO coordination and current students.
EURECA-PRO Alliance European University on Responsible Consumption and Production consists of Montanuniversität Leoben (Austria), TU Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany), Technical University of Crete (Greece), University of León (Spain), Silesian University of Technology (Poland), University of Petrosani (Romania) and Mittweida University of Applied Sciences (Germany). These seven partner universities have joined forces to enable students and researchers to research, teach and study in the field of "Responsible Consumption and Production". A virtual and integrated European Campus is to be created by 2040.