Coronavirus – Rector's information
The now stable infection rates as well as the elimination of further obligations by the federal and state governments make it possible to suspend the last still mandatory corona protection measures at our university.
With immediate effect, therefore, the FFP2- mask obligation for open-plan offices, lecture halls and laboratories and workshops for employees and students, as well as all other mandatory measures for pandemic containment, imposed by risk assessment, will cease to apply. However, you are still strongly recommended to maintain distances and (preferably) wear an FFP2- mask or a medical mask on a voluntary basis in lecture halls.
Information for university operations under the pandemic conditions can be found on the following pages.
- International Students
- International First-year Students
- University Members (Measures for the start of the summer semester)
If you have any questions, please check the homepage first. If you do not find what you are looking for there, please send an e-mail to: coronaschutzbeauftragtezuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Rector circular of May 17
- Mobile work is to be applied for again in accordance with the "Service Agreement on Mobile Work"
- Hygiene Concept (currently in progress)
The TUBAF buildings are open again and can be accessed without a service or student ID card.
The test center of the Studentenwerk in the Neue Mensa remains closed until further notice. Please use the other testing services in the city of Freiberg if needed.
You are welcome to inform yourself about the current vaccination offers of the state of Saxony.
Based on the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Ordinance, which requires employers to conduct a risk assessment and take individual infection control measures for employees, and based on Section 82 (2) of the SächsHSFG, which states that the Rector shall maintain order in the University and exercise domiciliary authority, the following regulations shall apply from May 17, 2022 until further notice:
- The university management recommends that employees and students continue to wear an FFP2 mask or a medical mask on all circulation areas, in lecture halls, open-plan offices, laboratories and workshops of the university of the university.
- Employees continue to be provided with two self-tests per week and FFP2 masks. The self-tests are available free of charge up to two times a week at the IEC's institute secretariat (Reiche Zeche) and at the post office at Akademiestraße 6.
- There is now no requirement to present proof of vaccination, convalescence, or testing for in-person events at the university (3G rule). It is still strongly recommended to test yourself or have yourself tested with a rapid test prior to attending attendance events.
- On the employer side, supervisors are recommended to request immediate contacts to be tested daily in the event of positive test results and to allow close contacts (e.g., own workroom, cooperation.) to work on a mobile basis (insofar as the work tasks permit this).
Diseased and suspected cases
In the event of infection with the coronavirus or contact with infected persons, we ask employees to continue to inform their supervisor(s) and the Human Resources Department (personaleinzelzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de).
In cases of positive Covid 19 tests in employees, it is recommended that all employees in the relevant contact group test themselves for five consecutive days. The immediate close contacts (own work space, joint work in proximity) should be offered the option of mobile work (outside the procedure according to the service agreement on mobile work).
In the event of an infection, students should continue to contact the Student Office by e-mail studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
If you, as a supervisor, become aware of a case of infection among your employees, please pass this information on directly to the Human Resources Department in compliance with data protection regulations.
Information on segregation in case of infection with coronavirus can be found in the info sheet of the Ministry of State.