Coronavirus – Rector's information
The global pandemic that has prevailed since 2020 poses major challenges for our university. From March to October 2020, the TU Bergakademie was in standby mode, partly with hybrid teaching formats in the summer semester 2020 and at the beginning of the winter semester 2020/21. The further increase in the number of infections required a campus closure since December 2020. The Corona pandemic will continue to accompany us in 2021, influencing university operations and placing demands on new formats for teaching, research, scientific exchange and events.
Information for university operations under the pandemic conditions can be found on the following pages.
- International Students
- International First-year Students
- Staff in Teaching and Research
- Guests and Visitors
- Current Hygiene Concept (Status as of September 6th)
- Rector's Order on measures for the implementation of the Saxon Corona Protection Ordinance as of 24th August Download
- Implementation of mandatory testing according to the Saxon Corona Protection Ordinance
Stay at the university
The TU Bergakademie campus will reopen for approved face-to-face events on June 28, 2021. All university buildings will be open to the public on that date. Visitors to the library are required to present a daily updated test - except employees of the TU BAF - and wear a mask (medical mouth to nose covering) over their mouth and nose.
All members, employees, students and guests of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg are obliged to wear a correctly fitting mouth-nose-covering (FFP2 or surgical mask) in all buildings on campus. As of July 1, the mask requirement will no longer apply outdoors, unless the Corona Protection Ordinance of the Free State of Saxony stipulates otherwise.
Please protect yourself and others
- by avoiding contacts
- by adhering to the AHA+L formula (which stands for keeping distance, hygiene, everyday mask and ventilation)
- by acting prudently (e.g. wearing your mask outside of the buildings, no personal face-to-face meetings).
Diseased and suspected cases
In the event of an infection with the coronavirus or contact with infected persons, employees must immediately inform their supervisor(s) and the Human Resources Department (personaleinzelzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de). If you as a supervisor become aware of a case of infection among your employees, please also pass on this information directly to the Human Resources Department in compliance with data protection regulations.
Students are requested to contact the Student Office (studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de) immediately in the event of infection with the coronavirus or contact with a confirmed case of infection.
If a 14-day inpatient or home isolation is ordered or recommended for you, the TU Bergakademie Freiberg must be informed as soon as possible about isolation measures in any case:
- Employees: personaleinzelzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
- Students: studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de